Chapter 8: The Other Side (2)

Note:

Sorry for disappearing. Things got so hectic and I didn't have the luxury nor strength to write. It takes me close to 3 - 4 hours to finish one and med school is killing me.

Hope Y'all still remember the plot LMAO. The April Fools special? No one remembers anything from the things they react to or the convo with Lana. 

Unless it's something a character already knows before the reaction fic. Anyway....

This scene starts with Hans's flashback of the Choi Han beating Cale incident in Chapter 7. Cheers!

Word Count: 2018 words

Recap:

(Flashback scene)

Hans eyes darkened but Cale didn't flinch at all. He looked happy and content.

"I found wanna-be-god before and now, I found a to-be-god."

***

Hans looked at his young master with wide eyes. Because... what on earth?

'To-be-god? Who? The violent black-haired boy that beat him up?', thought chaotic Hans as he applied the balms and potions to treat his wounds.

"Young master, may I first ask... why?", Hans was being very careful about him questioning his liege. He was indebted to his mother and had known about his past in the orphanage.

Though he's not sure that the countess had the chance to tell Cale about Hans's backstory, considering how young the young master was when Hans first came into the mansion, courtesy of the late countess, he knew a few secrets about the two.

One, Cale is and has been dumbing himself down and whatever the reason is... had to do with the family. 'Family' was the keyword. Which one? Debatable.

Two, Cale and his mother have powers that are not ancient powers and also not magic. In fact, Cale's innate ability to control mana is very weak. However, his young master isn't one to be beaten up when he is against gangsters in Rain City. He was better than that.

His young master had skills. Not good enough to beat Choi Han black and blue but he could've put a little bit of resistance that could buy him enough time if he wanted to avoid getting injured so severely.

Yet he let the raven boy hurt him to such an extent without lifting a single fist. His young master did not fight back at all. Was it because he knew about his mistake? About what he said about Harris Village?

Or was it something else?

"Hm? Hans, you know, mom liked you the best of all the servants here.", said Cale. His answer was absolutely unrelated but he felt like Cale wanted him to understand something first.

"Thank you, young master-nim. I am happy that the late countess thought so.", answered Hans like a typical butler. He's currently bandaging the wounds and stitching a few of them