Wild Side of Life

The Aokigahara Forest, also known as the "Sea of Trees." It was currently early morning, five forty-two to be precise, and the forest had a soft fog running through it. Thanks to the time of year, it was quite cloudy as well with there being a heavy amount of morning dew coating the dirt, grass patches, moss, leaves of bush and tree as well as rocks. Yet it was eerily silent...a silence that was broken by soft footsteps.

Footsteps that belonged to a white-spotted Sika Deer that strutted through the forest with little care of the silence around it. Leaning down, it would pick up blades of grass from the forest floor and chew them lightly. Yet as it chewed, the snap of a twig caused an equally sudden snap of its neck towards the direction in which it rang out.

Staring in the direction, it eyes were fixated on a pair of wolf ears that could barely be seen behind a tree. Without warning, the deer would dart in the opposite direction right as a sudden bark was heard along with a figure lunging at it. Of course, thanks to the wariness of the deer, the lunge failed as the deer ran into the woods with little to no mind paid to where it was going.

On the ground where the deer once stood, was a hunched over man. One that let out a growl before a small voice was heard.

"My man, Tsukikage! You got too excited! Stay on its trail, round it over to route B!"

Fenrir's voice rang out from a small bluetooth earpiece as Tsukikage wore a light grey sweater hoodie that stuck to his body firmly, the top of his head and ears being covered by a dark grey beanie, which was contradicted by a pair of yellow farm gloves and a pair of grey joggers. His shoes were low-cut, lightweight, brown hiking boots, perfect for what was about to occur as he dashed forward in the same direction the deer went. The same growl-breathing from previous times  heard as he chased after the deer with a light huff.

The terrain was uneven and slippery in some places unlike the streets of the Den and it made him feel so much better than the other times. The cool wind, the moisture in the air, the scent of the deer filling his nostrils as his eyes were locked on it constantly? Euphoric. It was as if he truly was a wolf stalking its prey. Yet he soon had to break from the entranced state after the deer leapt over a downed tree. Following in its footsteps, (Y/N) gave a kash vault by placing both hands onto the log before swinging his legs up and kicking them forward. Making him vault over the tree successfully, he landed on his feet with a light skip before looking at the deer running away still. Hopping over uneven parts of the terrain.

With a growl, Tsukikage burst forward yet again in a full on sprint as he tried to stay in the same path the deer travelled. Hopping from one foot to the other to to traverse small ditches, raised land or just parts that had loose dirt. Now Tsukikage was beginning to catch up to the deer when it suddenly gave a sharp whip over to his left. The whip made Tsukikage shoot his feet into the ground yet, the other reason was because there was a two-story tall dip in the path of a cliff.

Stumbling a bit, he knew he would go over the edge yet, quick thinking and sharp reflexes made him jump off the cliff. Landing perched onto a branch like a pigeon sitting on a light post. He would pant lightly as he tried to grab his breath, but the sound of the deer prancing away down the side of the cliff before dashing forward once again made him growl. His Fera-meter dipping from seven green bars to a mere five.

Turning around, Tsukikage was met with low enough branches that allowed him perfect access for interception. So he acted on that without a moment to spare by leaping over to a branch slightly to his right. His legs shook a bit with the branches, forcing him to lean forward and back repeatedly to catch his balance. Yet his eyes locked onto the fleeing deer and it was obvious if he took his time anymore than he already has? It would slip away. Steeling himself, he would suddenly leap forward and land onto another branch the creaked out heavily. Without a moment to waste, he would leap forward once again with his other foot making first contact. He continued this process all the way towards the deer as he now was beginning to close the gap. But the deer's senses picked up on how close (Y/N) was above, so it suddenly whipped towards the left once again like before.