Ļ͓͓̣̽͟o͙͙̙̘̙ͤͫ͞v̹̹̘̼̞̻͆ͩ̓ͪ͢ḛ̡̰̳͓̥ͬ͋ͪͧ?̶

Who are you, to sneak into my life and steal my heart, only to constantly be smashing it to pieces? The pain is crushing, but yet, I don't run away from you. Numbers could not display the amount of circumstances keeping us apart, but we promised we wouldn't let those meaningless opinions stop us from being together.

We promised. You promised me. After seven months, which felt already like seven years in the time we'd spent with each other, you shattered my heart to smithereens. Your soft, caring touch fragmented my very being, into meaningless shards, scattered across the cold, hard floor.

Here I am, dying, but not dead; trapped within this world of pain, your form disappearing into the black fog that surrounds me. My vision goes blurry and slowly fades to nothing.

Even as I watch you leave, my heart aches to follow you, into the darkest depths I'd never cease to long for your presence. You said to me, "We always knew this would never work out," and continued on, "The reason isn't any circumstance, it's the fact that you are incapable of truly loving anyone."

A final stab—but if you could pierce through my skin and impale me, yet in a gentle way, this would be it. Judas' kiss of death, sealing the fate of suffering, yet neither side wins anything.

Why? Seems to be the only word on my mind. Why did you leave me? Yet to that, I know the answer. Why do I still care for you? Want you to hold me tight and never let go? To that, I don't know the answer, and I'm sure I never will.

You plague my every thought, refusing to let me out of your clutches. I can't bear to hate you, even in all this mess we've caused I still can't. Even once you've left me, all alone in my sorrow and pain, why do I still love you—no, I'm incapable of love; but, if I cannot know love, then this is as close as I'll ever be: a deep appreciation of who you are, a comfort just knowing you're there, someone who could understand my every thought and emotion.

       Well, I suppose the sun still sets, even in paradise. All good things come to an end, what's given shall be taken away eventually. At least I was given the opportunity to watch that beautiful sunset, as the glowing warmth left my body. Frost creeps up around me, hardening my cracked heart to frozen stone.

       Maybe the steady beat of it was only a tool used to make me believe, if only for a second, that I was alive at one point. Even if it was once, it's long been petrified.

___________________________________

A/n: Hope ya'll love a good breakup poem.