Chapter 5

By the time Jungkook got out of the shower, it was already 12 midnight. As they have nothing else to discuss, the two went to bed.

Jungkook had offered her the bed but Lisa already felt apologetic for bothering him so she chose to sleep on the sofa instead. It was a two-seater sofa but it seemed to be made a little bigger so Lisa wouldn’t have trouble sleeping even she rolled around a bit. She laid on the sofa and covered herself up to her nose using the blanket Jungkook lent her.

“Well then, let’s sleep. We shall wake up at 6:30 tomorrow morning and have breakfast at 7:00.”

“…Tomorrow is Sunday, right? Isn’t that a little early?”

“Just because it’s a holiday doesn’t mean I should be slacking off. I won’t stop you if you want to revel in indolence but that means you’ll be missing breakfast so have that in mind.”

“O-Okay.”

After hearing her reply, Jungkook turned off the lights. The instant darkness filled the room, an overwhelming silence took over.

Lisa tossed and turned on the sofa several times but sleep still didn’t come to her and she let out a small sigh. Although she wasn’t the type to feel uncomfortable sleeping with a different pillow, uneasiness somehow washed over her. Pressing her face against the cushion of the sofa, Lisa closed her eyes tight. However, no matter long her eyes was shut, she still couldn’t sleep and instead, she became increasingly wide awake.

“Can’t sleep?”

At that moment, Jungkook’s voice broke the silence and reverberated throughout the room.

“Yeah, well…”

“Then shall I teach you where the pressure points are to help induce sleeping? Behind the ears, there’s…”

“T-That, don’t bother. I-I’m sure it won’t be long before I…”

That’s what she said but she didn’t feel sleepy at all. But that doesn’t mean she wanted to listen to some crap about pressure points.

“Is that so? Well, then… why don’t we talk for a bit?”

“Talk?”

“Since I’m already in this situation, I wanted to try to reconcile our hobbies and interests.”

“Reconcile our interests…?”

“To put it simply, I want to know more about you, Ms. Lalisa Manoban.”

“That’s fine but first, can you stop calling me by my full name? It feels a bit…formal and distancing.”

“Is that so? Well then, I’ll start calling you Lisa from now on.”

“Why the first name…”

“There’s a possibility that your last name will change, isn’t it?”

Being reminded that her surname will change after marriage, Lisa’s face turned sullen.

“…But there are no such plans right now…”

“That’s good to know. I’ll be troubled if you have such plans now.”

“…”

He said he’d be troubled if she had marriage plans without so much a change in his facial expression. If he really thought so, at least his voice should have changed a few pitches to express his unease. Thinking along those lines, Lisa didn’t realize her voice dropped low.

“Do you really like me, Jungkook?”

“Of course. No matter how many times you hear it, you still find it hard to believe?”