Chapter 17

A few days later, the rumor that Lisa and Jungkook went to work together spread throughout the company.

“Hey, is it true that you’re dating the Iron Mask?”

It’s the fifth time she was asked the same question today. Lisa softly sighed as she glared at the man who asked.

Inside the pantry which has inadvertently turned into a smoking room, Lisa’s colleague was smoking a cigarette while she poured herself a cup of coffee beside him.

The man’s face paled and his body trembled in fright at Lisa’s piercing glare.

“I-I mean, you guys come to work at the same time and even go home together, right? It’s understandable that you’d come to work together but even going home together is just weird! It’s impossible not to find it suspicious, you know!”

“Like I said, it’s just a coincidence..”

“No way! It happened too many times for it to be a simple coincidence! Plus, a lot of people have seen you two getting along well on the way home.”

He pointed the tip of the cigarette to her direction and Lisa frowned. She didn’t like the smell of cigarette and she wanted to tell him to stop smoking since it’s bad for the health, but it wasn’t the right timing to say so.

“That’s because we live in the same direction…”

“How suspicious… Really, what’s going on with you two?”

“What’s going on you say…”

“You’re dating, right?”

Lisa’s face stiffened at her colleague’s words. She and Jungkook have been together a lot in the company. It wouldn’t be a surprise if people assumed that.

As she helplessly tried to deny it, Lisa felt a cold sweat trickle down her forehead and opened her mouth grumpily.

“Really, you’re just imagining it. By the way, didn’t you just get a call from a customer you’re in charge of? Aren’t you gonna return that call?”

With a little impatience, her co-worker hurriedly put out his cigarette.

“I forgot! Thanks for reminding me!”

Her co-worker left immediately. The moment she heard the door of the pantry closing, Lisa let out a sigh of relief.

Lisa was annoyed at the smell of cigarette hitting her nose and the persistent rumor stinging her ears like a bee. In the first place, it’s common courtesy not to direct the butt of the cigarette to other people. Taking a sip from her fresh coffee, Lisa shook her head to calm herself. She can’t go back to work feeling that way.

She stayed there for a while and just when she finished resting and was about to go back to work, the door of the pantry burst open and she came face to face with her junior colleague, Rosé. lisa blurted out a mutter of surprise.

“Lisa! I finally found you! I want to ask you something, are you free now?”

“What is it?”

Lisa’s face twitched with an unsettling premonition. However, Rosé didn’t notice it and grinned at her, eyes brimming with curiosity.

“How has your relationship with Jungkook progressed?”

“Get to work!”

After being asked the same question for the sixth time today, Lisa had enough and left the pantry.

***

“I-I have something to say, Jungkook! Why don’t we just go to work separately in the morning?”