Chapter 7

“I just bought random stuff, is that okay?”

Lisa put the plastic bag down and removed her shoes at the entryway. Jungkook who has been waiting looked ill at ease while sitting on the sofa and drinking his coffee.

It was a short walk from the apartment to the nearest supermarket. Lisa had gone shopping at the supermarket alone.

“How much was it? I’ll pay you back.”

“No need. Consider it my thanks for letting me stay last night and for helping me clean up.”

While saying so, Lisa proceeded to start cooking. Watching her as she was preparing the cutting board and knife, Jungkook asked in a curious tone.

“Are you gonna cook now? I was sure you just bought a bento.”

“I did think of just buying a bento for a quick lunch, but when I saw the food ingredients I suddenly craved hot pot. I’m just gonna mix everything I bought in the hot pot though. Since it’s too much for one person, I hardly make it but feel free to join me if you like… Oh, perhaps, you’re the type who doesn’t like sharing food with others?”

“…No.”

Feeling relieved, Lisa lightly laughed and started moving. Not long after, she finished preparing the ingredients and subsequently placed them on the pot on top of the cooking stove.

“What a big pot…”

“I really like hot pot, you know. When the weather gets cold, I invite my best friend over and we cook it occasionally.”

“Oh, you’ve let people inside that room?”

“W-When that happens, I always clean up!”

Lisa bellowed, then Jungkook said in a teasing voice. “If you cleaned up properly from the start, you wouldn’t have to get frantic over hiding it away, you know.”

“I know that but I’ve just been so busy! Besides, I also don’t like cleaning much…”

“If you go out with me…”

“I have no intention of becoming your ideal!”

While saying so, Lisa carefully removed the scum. Behind her, Jungkook asked in a deep voice.

“Then, how about being my girlfriend?”

“What?”

Detecting the seriousness in his tone, Lisa almost fell down in shock.

“If you have no intention of becoming my ideal, then how about becoming my girlfriend?”

“What makes you think that?”

“You invited a man to your room and offered him a meal. Isn’t it normal to expect a little?”

“That’s not it! This is just a token of my gratitude!”

While vehemently quelling his misunderstanding, Lisa’s cheeks blushed a little at Jungkook’s straightforwardness.

After she finished cooking, she sat next to Jungkook again. But Jungkook moved a bit to create a little distance between them.

“Isn’t it a little cramped and difficult to eat like this?”

“Is it? Then, why don’t we sit on the floor?”

“Thanks.”

The two sat on the floor cushion and started eating.

***

After they have finished eating and cleaning the room, Lisa changed into her loungewear. She took a canned beer from the refrigerator and offered it to Jungkook.