Chapter 8

“If you hate it, then push me away, okay?”

After saying so, Jungkook dropped a light kiss at the tip of her nose. As Lisa’s shoulders jumped in surprise, he kissed her eyelid in the same way.

She wanted to resist but her body didn’t move. Her hands were both free so if she wanted to push him away, she could freely do so. She placed her hands on his chest and lightly pushed him.

“Is it okay?”

He asked for one last confirmation seeing that she wasn’t resisting.

“No! You can’t!”

Lisa shook her head a little and with a stronger force than before, pushed him away. Her helpless face had become hot and her heart was thumping so loudly it could jump out of her body at any moment.

Jungkook placed his knees in between her legs and shortened their distance. Bringing his face close enough their lips could almost touch, he whispered in a low tone.

“In that case, resist me more.”

“Ahh!”

As if to block the words from her mouth, Jungkook pressed his lips against hers. It started with feathery kisses but gradually turned deeper as if to devour her. All she could hear was the sound of sucking saliva and tears sprang from the corner of Lisa’s eyes.

Seeing her expression, Jungkook pulled back a bit. Then, in a slightly dejected voice, he said.

“You hated it enough to cry?”

“No… I-I’m embarrassed! My head hasn’t caught up with this situation and I’m confused…”

“That’s a relief.”

“Huh?”

“That means you’re fine with being embraced by me, right?”

A moment ago he looked defeated but his mood lightened in an instant and Jungkook raised the edge of his mouth slightly.

Looking at his face, Lisa realized her mistake.

“No, that’s not it!”

“I think I should make the most of this chance.”

“jungkook! Wait!”

“It’s fine if you fall in love with me later. I don’t plan on giving up…”

Jungkook placed his hand on the hem of her loungewear. When his broad hand touched her abdomen, lisa felt a chill all over her body.

She’s aware that she’s being swept away.

Although she knew she had to resist, somehow she couldn’t move.

“I like you, Lisa.”

He whispered in her ears, which burned immediately. Then their lips overlapped again.

All of a sudden, a ringing noise echoed in the room and broke the heated atmosphere.

Lisa’s mind wheeled back to reality at that sound.

“What’s that sound?”

While listening to Jungkook’s sullen voice, Lisa desperately shook her head from side to side trying to find the source of the sound.

Racking her brain, she felt that the sound was similar to the ringtone from the app she usually uses. But it’s impossible because she lost her cell phone yesterday.

“Oh!”

Lisa reached for the sound under her sofa. It was her cell phone after all.

“My cell phone. Looks like I forgot it at home yesterday.”