The Maze

He Saved Me

Chapter 8

"The Maze"

I turn side to side trying to get comfortable. I open my eyes to realize that I was not in my room. My pillow was wet from all the tears I has cried last night. I turn to my left to see someone. They were sleeping on the couch with one leg hanging to the ground and the other on the couch. Luke. How did he get in here? Didn't I lock the door?

I took the time to study his face. His jawline was perfectly structured, his eyebrows were literally on point, and his lips were bright red and full. I just stared at him for what seemed like an hour.

Why was he helping me? All I have ever gave him was my rudeness. Yet, here he is. Letting me spend the night at his house. His gigantic house, not to mention. He was freaking rich. He's some freaking rich, snobby, handsome boy. I barely know him, so I don't really have the right to judge. But still...

I slowly got off the comfortable bed and quickly regretted it. It was freezing in here. I literally mean freezing like it could have been 0 degrees in here. I then turned my head to Luke's direction. He's so stupid, like if you're going to sleep on the couch bring a blanket with you. I quietly tip toed to him holding the blanket that I had used. I unfolded it to place it on him. He was literally curled up in a ball and I felt kinda bad for him. I wanted to push his curly brown hair out of his eyes but I fought the urge. I then tip toed to the door.

"Mary?" he yawned behind me. "Where are you going?"

Ugh, way to go Mary.

"I was just heading out," I replied.

He sat up to look at me, "Do you even know where you're going to?"

Wow, again stupid Mary.

"You know, you don't have to leave yet," he smiled.

"Luke, you already had me spend the night. I can't ask you for more."

"Well, I want to show you something before you leave," he smirked.

"Ugh, fine." I groaned.

~*~

I had just used the bathroom to brush my teeth. I literally can't stand the feeling of morning breath. Luke, had done the same. I would have slapped him if he didn't. I actually had to beg him to brush his teeth, disgusting.

He wanted to blindfold me. He said it was a surprise. I literally rolled my eyes and punched him. Man, why am I so aggressive?

He held me on the waist pushing me though halls. I got goosebumps as his fingers brushed my skin. Eww, what the hell Mary. Luke is a no no.

"Are we there yet?" I asked. I was starting to get fustrated. "This is literally, like our 7th right." He just laughed in response. His laugh somehow brought a smile to my face.

That's when I felt a gush of wind push me back. Close to him. He quickly squeezed my waist. Keeping me balanced.

"We're here," he smiled. He took the blindfold off and I finally was able to see where he took me.

In front of my were a maze. A maze made out of bushes and flowers. There were big pink trees on either side of the entrance to the maze. The flowers were purple. The color of the bush walls were dark green. To be honest it looked kinda scary.

Yet, he was richer than I thought.

I quickly turned to look at him. He was already staring at me. This made me blush. Ugh, Mary get your shit together.

"You, first," he smirked.

"Pussy." I said sticking my tongue out.

He laughed, "Look who's talking. Go on."

And I did.

~*~

Me, being me. I wanted to "impress" Luke and make him not think that I was a pussy. Ha, pussy. That's a funny word.

Well, I rushed into the maze and got lost. Lost! I can't find him and I can't find the exit. How could he leave me here? Ugh, I hate him.

I began screaming his name. Maybe even crying his name. Man, this is such an embarrassment. I bet he flipping did this on purpose. Ugh, I literally hate him. That's when someone cleared their throat behind me.

"Luke! Where the fuck have you been?" I screamed turning around.

"The names William. Not Luke." the mysterious guy said in front of me.

He was extremely attractive not going to lie. He looked exactly like Luke, which scared me.

"Umm, sorry." I said.

"Who are you?" he asked raising a brow.

"I'm-"

"Mary! Finally!" Luke said walking up to me.

Finally.

"Luke, what were you thinking of bringing her here. What do you think Dad will do when he finds out," William said stepping closer to Luke.

Who was he? As soon as I thought that I felt someone grab hold of my hand. I turned to look at Luke. He was facing William. He then began to squeeze my hand.

"I don't give a shit about what asshole does," Luke yelled.

"Don't call him asshole. He's our father." William yelled back making me jump.

"He's your father. Not mine," he said and pulled me out of the maze.

~*~

We headed to my house in silence. I guess that "William" dude was his brother? Not sure, I was scared to ask Luke. He seemed pretty upset, even mad about it, aka William.

"I'm sorry, if I scared you," he said running his fingers through his hair.

"It's fine. I shouldn't have stayed over last night," I sighed.

I mean that "William" dude seemed pretty mad when he first saw me. I had recognized him. He graduated High School 2 years ago. I never really knew him, I've just seen him around the school halls. When I first saw William, I had though he was Luke's twin. They literally looked exactly the same. Except William had darker hair than Luke.

"Mary, it wouldn't have mattered if you stayed or not. He would have still yelled at me." he said.

I didn't reply and just stared into the distance. Why didn't him and William get along? What was going on between them?

After a while I was able to get the William dude out of my head. So moving on, Luke was rich, really rich. One reason I could tell was for we were in a sports car. Yes, a sports car. An expensive one, I think. I'm not really good with car names so...

"Are you sure you wanna go home?" he asked, as he stopped the car in front of my house.

"Luke, I'm fine. You've helped me enough already." I said smiling at him. He then smiled back at me.

I stepped out of the car, but he grabbed hold of my hand. "Mary, please call me if anything happens." I nod and leave.

I go inside with no one home. Surprisingly, the house looked nice, neat even. Something wasn't normal. Our house was never neat. Never. I shook my head and headed to my room. I hopped onto my bed and took out my diary.

Dear Diary,
I went to a bonfire last night. I don't know what I was thinking. I almost committed suicide. I almost died. I was literally going to jump off a cliff and just end my life then and there. But, no. Luke Collins had saved my life. Yes, him the snobby, new, rich kid. I don't know, but there is definitely something about him. But, my night got even worst. My dad, father, was cheating on my Mother. He has guts to do such a thing. How dare he. Well, that's about it...
Well, I guess I'll write in you soon.

I closed my diary and placed it inside my pillow. I layed down and suddenly I heard the front door open. I quickly locked my door and hid myself inside my blanket. I squeezed my eyes shut and covered my ears.

Please, please don't be him.

*Thanks for 500 reads❤*