5

The dorms had been around for a couple months now, that meant that classes lived together and saw each other much more often than they used to. Shinsou had to admit, he wasn't upset about the change. He couldn't decide what he liked better, waking up to see Y/N in the dining room in her pajamas and hair untamed, stuffing her face with sugary cereal, or her visiting his room late at night after curfew to watch movies and stare out the window looking for constellations.

God, seeing her every day, even on the weekends... It made him feel like this was worth it. It had been months and he hadn't tired of her. Normally, he couldn't stand the same annoying friends after a period of time.

He was nearly asleep when a soft knock sounded on his door, echoing softly in the dorm. Lazily, he picked up a pen from his side table and tossed it to the door with a quiet thud, signalling for the only person it could be to come in. No one visited him in his dorm, no one except her.

The door creaked open, followed by a girl slipping through the crack. A click meant the door had closed, and he let out a breath of relief. She was here again to give him company, something he desperately needed..

When she was with him, he felt so different. He felt special, like there was hope for him. He relished in the feeling, entranced by her presence alone.

"Hey," he breathed, rolling over in his bed to face her. She flopped down on the other side of the bed, face first into the pillows. "What's up?"

"Lonely and missing you," she told him. Again, his heart jumped at her words. She missed him. She always told him she missed him, when they were allowed to go home, when they had classes at different times, when she went out with her friend, on long weekends away from the dorms. She always missed him. He was almost sure she was exaggerating. How could she miss him that much? He wasn't very exciting, just a friend. The only other person she often missed was her brother, who stayed across the yard of dorms.

"Well, what do you wanna do? Watch a movie or something?" he asked.

"Honestly, I just want to talk. I have so many things on my mind." She paused, rolling over on the bed to face him, face sinking into his pillow. Her eyes held so much fear he thought she must be drowning in it. He had no idea what to expect when she came in that night. She hadn't texted him or said anything earlier in the day during their classes.

He wanted to reach out to her and hug her, make her feel some compassion instead, but he thought that was too intimate. If there was one thing he was afraid of, it would be making her uncomfortable. Part of the reason he loved her company was that she seemed completely at ease in his presence and he in hers.

"It's about this war," she whispered.

"What's worrying you?"

She shut her eyes, not wanting to look him in the eyes directly. Images of her friends and family lay dead in her mind, and she had to take a deep breath to calm down. "All I can think about is how many people we are going to lose. My brother is one of the strongest students here; no doubt he's going to get dragged into this fight. Hell, he already has."

Shinsou nodded, lost in a bit of his own thoughts. Everyone knew how dangerous the league was, how horrible the casualties would be. He tried not to think about it, but how can you not when everyone talks about it? When your teachers are preparing to die and leave you behind? "I know what you mean. Aizawa-sensei is in the same position."

"It just scares me so much," Y/N whispered, pressing her face deeper into the pillow, trying to find an ounce of comfort in the softness and the scent. Nothing was helping at this point. "What do I do if I lose Katsuki? What happens if they kill Hawks or Endeavour? What do we do then? Society can't just expect kids to sacrifice their lives."