7

"Shinsou, what do you think of this?" she held up a dress on the hanger. The price wasn't nearly as bad as the other things in here, and it wasn't in an ugly color. It was purple, of course. She loved purple ever since she met her friend. Her notebooks were purple and so was her new bedspread. It was nice to curl up in a cave of violet each night, almost like a night-long hug from him.

Gosh, she felt herself becoming flustered just thinking about it. You're friends, Y/N. just because someone is nice to you does not mean they want to go out with you, seriously. She kept telling herself over and over in her head to focus on the task at hand.

They were shopping, specifically for her uncle's wedding. She had literally nothing that looked mildly appropriate, her closet just stuff to the brim with uniforms and jeans and sweaters, nothing fancy. Two days before the actual ceremony, her mother woke her up early on a Sunday. "Go out and get yourself something nice to wear. I seriously cannot believe both of my children dress like complete slobs everyday." Y/N heard her hothead mother say in her head once more. Did she really dress like a slob? She didn't think so. Her clothes weren't in fashion but also weren't ugly.

Shinsou peered up from his phone where he sat on the bench. He didn't necessarily plan on going out to the mall that day, he was actually going to sleep for most of it. He was quite surprised when he woke up at 10a.m. to his phone ringing and vibrating on the bedside table. Without putting in much thought, he suddenly found himself dressed and walking down the road to her house.

"It looks fine."

"Just fine? If it's ugly, you have to tell me because mom will make me return it and get something else," she complained.

"In that case, probably not. It's kinda plain, don't you think?" he commented. He stood from the bench. "Although, I do appreciate you only looking at purple dresses, let's try something else." He hummed to himself, as he walked past her. He didn't really have an eye for women's clothes, not at all. He just looked at them and tried to imagine Y/N wearing it. How the colors would look against her skin, and how it would flatter her shape. He tried not to think about her body too much, it would fluster him and he wouldn't be able to look her in the eyes, he was sure of it.

"Let's try red."

"Red? Like blood?" she asked. He turned to look at her with a raised brow before he remembered she spent her days surrounded by her own blood, as that's what he quirk entailed. Of course she would associate the color with it. Scrap that idea.

"Okay then, let's try blue." She nodded, agreeing with him. She never wore too much color, but that one wasn't too bad. "Your budget is what? 100 dollars, right?" he asked as his eyes skimmed the racks in the area. Now that he looked at it, dresses really didn't look that great when they just hung there.

She stepped up to walk at his side. "Yes. Do you see anything you like?"

"Not really. I have to see them on you to know if they're good or not," he told her. His eyes trailed down to a modest blue dress, okay for a party with family members. "Try this one. And then," he scanned the room once more before walking over and grabbing another one. "Try this one. I'll wait outside until you're done."

She took the dresses from his hands and pressed them to her chest. She would have never picked either of these dresses as they weren't her style. She was self conscious in the first place, so she tended to avoid wearing anything that would draw attention to her. Just the thought of walking around in a nice dress, eyes turning to stare, it made her feel anxious.

Still, she was only with Shinsou. She didn't have to worry about him seeing her. He wouldn't judge or stare if she asked him not to. That's the whole reason she brought him, because she wanted company and she trusted his opinion. If she looked bad, she was sure he would tell her to keep her from embarrassment.