134 | Confession No. 2

"MAX, COME OUT FROM there. Dinner's ready," Marcus says from the other side of the door, but Max doesn't answer, making Marcus sigh in defeat.

     "If you're thinking about what happened with Cj, then call him and talk to him. You're no longer in J.S High Max. Out here, you're just Max. You don't have to protect Jokers or Krist. Out here, you're just you," Marcus suddenly says, but Max still didn't answer.

     "Fine, if you don't want to then I'll just ask Étienne to leave some for you for later," Marcus says instead before finally heading downstairs.

     Max, who was in his bedroom, was actually on the balcony, smoking so much that he already finished an entire pack. What happened earlier was something that he could have never expected. He never expected Cj to do such a thing, especially since Cj is known to be very truthful.

     "You want advice? Well then, let me give you one. Siren is known as the master of secrets. If you want to be able to conquer them then make sure you don't have anything you wish to hide. Because as soon as you cross paths with that motherfucker, what you're scared of the most will be feasted on by the people who hate you the most. And that shit is terrifying." Max remembers Cj say before.

     At that moment Max was confused as to why Cj would even say such a thing. Cj, who is not scared of anything, said that about Siren, like he was warning Max.

    It all made sense now. All the warnings and the signs. Everyone told Max that Siren was someone that he shouldn't be messing with. Even Viktor, the king, told him how terrifying Siren could be. This is the only time when Max finally understood what that meant.

    "Siren...Sky...how are you two connected?" Max says as smoke escapes his mouth.

     Max finishes his last cigarette before dropping it on the floor and stepping on it. He unconsciously reaches out for his collar, realizing that he wasn't wearing his uniform anymore. It made Max realize that he's been touching his collar instead of his necklace recently.

    After having a few moments with himself, Max finally heads inside his bedroom, grabbing his coat, his phone, and his car keys to go somewhere. He then quickly went downstairs and saw Étienne who was busy folding clothes.

     "Oh, master Leigh, about the name of Crème de la crème's rank 8, I was able to—"

     "I'm heading out first. We can talk about that later," Max answers, ignoring his butler and quickly heading to the parking lot where he took his car and drove off.

     As someone who knows what a powerful brotherhood can do, Max knows best that chain-smoking at home while waiting for a miracle to happen is the last thing he should be doing. He has to keep his feelings in check because if he doesn't, everything, from Jokers' pranks, BND's pageant, and Cigarettes' deals would have all been thrown away just because of a single brotherhood whose identity remains unknown.

     "This will be the last time. If you still remain silent, then the deal's definitely off," Max says, clenching the steering wheel when he said it.

     When Max finally arrived at the location where he wanted to be at, the young heir quickly went out of his car, slamming it shut. The old man who was sitting on the floor just outside the old building spots Max and immediately smiled at him, but Max ignored him and went straight inside the building.

     Everyone was surprised to see him, so a familiar woman who was just at the lobby, quickly goes to Max, stopping him before Max could even step inside the elevator.