Aya and Misaki: Double the fun

The audience cheered as I turned up the volume. People on the platform danced as music thundered all throughout the room. "Are we ready to have some fun?!" I shouted through the mic, and everyone cheered. I pumped up the music, and several performers went up to the platform and danced. People around the stage followed the dance steps. Everyone enjoyed the party. When the clock hit 8pm, I took off my headphones and swapped positions with another DJ. The party went on until 12, and not being able to stay for that long, because of school, I had to leave at 8. I packed my things and headed out through the backdoor. I work part-time as a DJ for several reasons. First, I loved music. Second, it had a really good pay.

"Well, looks like I'm set for this month's rent and bills," I said happily. "Guess I'll get some ramen as a treat." I headed over to my favorite ramen place and took a seat. I ordered a bowl of normal pork ramen and used my phone to compose a song I had been working on. I had a long-pursued dream of becoming a musician, and I decided that receiving some fame through making my own music would allow me to get into a good college. Lost in my own thoughts, I didn't notice some occupying the seat next to me.

"Excuse me, is this seat taken?" The person asked. I didn't reply, too busy in composing a piece. "Hellooo?" I looked up and saw a girl with pale-grey eyes and short, black hair looking at me.

"O-oh, my bad. No, you can take it." I replied nervously. I don't usually talk to girls, mostly because I'm nervous. Especially if they're as cute as this girl here.

"Oh wait...hold on. Aren't you (L/N) (Y/N) from my class? You are, right? My name is Misaki, also in your class." The girl asked.

"H-huh? Y-yes I am...am I actually in your class..?" I asked nervously. I didn't even know who this girl was, mostly because I have no friends at school, other than Aya, whom I knew from kindergarten.

"Uh, yeah you are. Why do you sound so nervous?" Misaki asked.

"W-well, this is my first time seeing you, and I don't usually talk to a lot of girls, so I got nervous and umm you're really cute so, uh I mean, forget I said that!" I said, fumbling over my words.

Misaki gave me a confused expression, then smiled. "Well, haha thanks for the compliment. Anyways um...hey..is that music you're composing?" Misaki asks, pointing to my phone.

"Huh? Oh, yeah. It's a piece I've been working on." I say.

"Can I take a look?" She asks, and I nod, giving her my phone. "Oh, wow...these are great! And....judging from these notes, I'm guessing you play the guitar?"

"Well yeah, a bit. But I'm not that good at it yet. Still learning. But I love composing, so I like to play this from time to time." I say excitedly.

"Huh? What instrument do you use to play and listen to your work?" Misaki asks, intrigued.

"Dj decks. I'm actually a Dj. Nevertheless, I love music, so I compose anyway, hoping I can learn all sorts of instruments and play them." I reply.

Misaki looks at me with a slight gap in her mouth. Her eyes showed admiration, and a great hint of interest. "Hey, mind if I share a table with you?" She asked, and sat on the chair in front of me without even waiting for an answer.

I nodded, and she started talking about music. Even when our food came out, we took small breaks in between just so I could wait for her to finish her continuous blabbering. This was fun. I never knew that I could make friends through music, which was my one and only interest. Not only that, but Misaki was also super fun to talk to. Other than Aya, who is the only friend I have, and is also fun to talk to as well. As we finished our meal, we left the store.

"And so, I am in this band called hello happy world..and..." Misaki said.

"Oh you're in a band? I didn't know." I said, kind of surprised.