Ch 23

Looking up at the sky you saw the moon glistening bringing a sense of calmness to the wild atmosphere. The wind blows your hair gently to the side. You had your mask on to hide your face but decided to keep your hood down for the night. The wall you were leaning on was the perfect hiding spot behind the crowd. Although you doubted Kojiro would come tonight you still wouldn't take the risk.

It was getting close to the time of the beef but Reki and Langa still weren't here yet. You could see Shadow and his opponent getting restless. To be honest, so were you. Today was a busy day trying to deal with the volleyball boys. Rin and Osamu wouldn't let you out of their sight, saying that you've been neglecting them lately. They finally left you alone when you agreed to hang out with them over the weekend.

Through the yelling of the crowd you could hear the low hum of a bike. Lifting your gaze you saw your favorite red head approaching. You couldn't hear the conversation he was having with the client but you could tell it wasn't a pleasant one. The board in his hands was completely wrecked. Your heart ached when you saw the client throw the board away, Reki had put a lot of hard work into that board.

As Reki and his client were arguing, your attention was brought to Langa. He was silently taping his feet to the board, seemingly unnoticed by anyone else. A silent laugh left your lips. Putting your hood up you decided to make your way over to them. You could now hear Reki arguing that Langa can't skate in this match. That's when you decided to make your presence known. "Anyone who gets on a board has to skate Reki, let him do this."

Reki looked at you with wide eyes. "Midnight?! But-" A voice from behind you spoke up, "She's right. Those are the rules of 'S', how much or how little experience you have is irrelevant." Turning your head slightly you could see Cherry standing behind you, with a bunch of girls screaming his name around him. Cherry reached out to Langa to help him to stand up. Reki was continuing to argue when security lifted him and brought him to the sidelines.

You looked over to Langa smiling slightly under your mask. "Do your best." Walking away as the countdown started. As soon as all the lights turned green Shadow took off but Langa stayed still, eventually he bent down and started to push himself over the start line. Another soft laugh left your lips.

Cherry pulled up next to you on his motorcycle asking if you wanted to go with him. You shook your head before grabbing the bike Reki and Langa showed up on. "Yo, Reki! Let's go!" You started the engine and Reki hopped on. The two of you riding next to Cherry through 'S'. Without much thought your hood blew off of your head as soon as you drove by someone you weren't expecting to see tonight. 

-----

Hi! I know it's been a while since I updated this but I'm back for a little. Please Enjoy!