Ch 24

You watched Langa in amazement as he crossed the finish line. Silently watching as Reki walked up to him, saying how amazing he was. There was a slight ache in your chest as you watched the interaction. Remembering how the people you thought were your friends did the exact same thing to you. Being caught in your thoughts, you didn't seem to notice the constant buzzing in your pocket.

Not wanting to stick around any longer you walked over to Cherry so the two of you could leave. You didn't want to bother Reki or Langa anymore tonight. The two of you took off without another word to the duo.

Pulling up to your house you were relieved to see Kojiro wasn't home yet. "Thank you for the ride." It almost came out as a whisper to Kaoru. He knew that something was wrong with you but he decided against asking about it for the meantime.

As you approached the door of your home you noticed all the lights were on inside. Had you left the lights on? Reaching the door, your heart sank as it flung open. Revealing someone who had been waiting for you to arrive home. A feeling of dread washed over you as you looked up at the person in the doorway.

Tired eyes met your widened e/c ones. Before you could utter a word Suna grabbed your wrist and dragged you into the house. He had noticed your features had softened into a saddened look, but decided not to ask about it.

"Rin, what are you doing here?" Looking up at the tall boy you could see a smirk tugging at his lips. "Saving your ass from Kojiro again." You stared at the boy, confusion dancing in your eyes.

Suna just sighed. "I don't know where you were tonight but your brother called asking if I was with you. So I lied and told him you had fallen asleep while we were hanging out at the house." Your eyes widened in surprise. But then you pulled your friend in for a hug, surprising the boy.

"I really don't know what I would do without you by my side, Rin." A small blush coated the boy's face as the two of you embraced. As you pulled away from the embrace you looked up at Suna one last time. "You'll spend the night right?" The boy stared at your soft smile before nodding his head.