And so we meet - Chapter 1

Shrieks of pain pledged the air, cats were locked in battle constantly tearing at each others throats. A thick scent of blood clung to the air as so much of it had stained the grass beneath. Surrounded by the savage fighting was a gray tom.

Cuts stuck to his pelt where another cat had torn through the flesh, his fur was ruffled and reeked of blood.

Ashfur's muzzle was scrunched up in confusion. This already happened! The tom thought as his gaze landed on the limp figure sprawled across the floor. He wears a collar.. this cant be...

Ashfur flinched as a tom slammed in front of him before staggering up to his paws and leaping back into the battle. I remember now.. this was.... oh no. Ashfur scanned the clearing searching for a familiar ginger coat. Firestar! The tom was laying motionless on the grass, a faint streak of blood oozed from his throat and his eyes stay staring up blankly. No, somethings wrong. Ashfur stayed put, expecting his leader to rise up from the grass-but nothing happened.

He should have been spared by starclan by now! Somethings terribly wrong! Ashfur lunged forward sprinting through the mob of cats still stuck in battle. He slowed to a pace as he neared the lifeless corpse , "Firestar you-" his words were cut off by a frightful screech. It rang across the clearing drowning out the yowls of the fighting cats.

Ashfur twisted his gaze towards the source of the noise, the place grew silent now. Between a heap of motionless boddies, a small figure made his way forward. Oh no! their coming right this way! Ashfur shook his pelt he couldn't believe what he'd just thought. What am I, a coward? I will find out who did this, and when I do.. their regret bringing their mouse brained, kittypet army on Thunderclan territory! The figure loomed forward and Ashfur bared his fangs revealing his teeth, as it moved closer he could make them out now-this cat... he looks familiar.

The stranger wore a black coat, only his paw remained white-his ice blue eyes shown nothing but hatred , he wore a collar completed with teeth and claws and he went by only one name.

Scourge...

~

Ashfur's eyes flicked open, his heart was pounding within his chest. His vision remained hazy with images of the battle lingering within his mind. A dream? Only a dream. Ashfur signed with relief, the battle had seemed all too real..Firestar had killed Scourage.. not the other way around. The tom gazed around the den, his glare scanned the rows of sleeping cats, a ginger she-cat caught his attention. She lay curled up with a dark tabby tom, Ashfur couldn't help it but scowl, their image disgusted him. How could she pick that mouse-brain over him?! The cat just couldn't be trusted, he shares the same blood as that traitor known as Tigerstar. One thing for sure though, he was certainly greatful to Scourage for finally shredding him into dust.

Cats were starting to emerge from their nest, some shook their pelts to release the moss clinging to their coat, others just groomed themselves. Squirrelflight was beginning to stir as well, the she-cat parted her jaws in yawn. Brambleclaw awoke as well, Ashfur watched in hatred as the two shared tongues for what seemed like moons, a nudge to the shoulder was what pulled his attention away from the revolting image.

He found him self staring into the green eyes of Whitewing, she did a curt greeting nod.

"Hey, Ashfur." The she-cat's greet came out flat

"Yes?"

"I was wondering if you would be able to train Icepaw this sunhigh?"

Ashfur held back a grunt. The last thing I need is another apprintice..