Help me help you - Chapter 2

Ashfur couldn't stop his heart from beating, it felt as if it would tear out from his chest any moment now. No..no he wouldn't dare show fear in the eyes of this cat, Scourage was the one who  tore open Tigerstar's stomach in one hit! He would be mouse brained to show weakness to him. Ashfur's eyes widen, Scourage finally padded forward, his movements were slow, and now that he was closer, Ashfur could see why. This doesn't look like Scourage, this looks like the former shell of Scourage. Despite his size, Scourage seemed smaller than usual, his fur was filthy and ragged, his ribs shown through his pelt as if he had been starving for quite some time and he reeked of crow-food. Ashfur thought he could feel pity steering within his mind, but it was gone before he could even think about it.

"Y-your suppose to be dead..how are yo-"

"Quiet." Scourge's mew came out as a sneer

Ashfur could hear the scrape of his claws as he moved in closer, he still has dog teeth attached to his claws?  

"You.." Scourage's bitter tone tore Ashfur away from his thoughts

"You were the one who assisted in the killing of my deputy, Bone."

Ashfur remained slilent, his mind must have been playing tricks on him, he thought he had seen a glint of pain in Scourage's eyes, but he knew that was as possible as a hedgehog flying.

"I may not have the rest of your companions in my custody, but I have you."

Ashfur blinked in confusion

"Your custody? I'm in no ones cus-"

"I know you were there when I killed, Tigerstar-." Scourage paused , his body shuttered as he exploded into a fit of coughing, his voice was gruff as he continued,   "Then you must know that I am known for getting revenge."

Ashfur swollowed, was Scourage actually considering to challenge him in his current state?

"I may have not been there to help, Bone but I'm here now to avenge him."

Ashfur let out a fake purr of amusement, I have to put on a brave face

"Oh, Scourage, at your current state you couldn't even harm a bird let alone a cat" Ashfur leaned in, his muzzle dangerously close to the smaller cats, "I'm surprised they didn't call you 'Mouse'"

Scourage snarled, Ashfur didn't even see his paw swiping at his muzzle. Ashfur hissed in pain as his claws easily tore into his muzzle, blood stained his snout. Ashfur didn't have time to worry about it, Scourage was already a few fox-lengths ahead of him, Ashfur watched in horror as Scourage dared to lick the blood that clung to his claws, he thought he could see a spark of amusement linger within his eyes.

 He enjoys the pain of others!  That sick- Ashfur didn't even have time to finish up his thoughts, Scourage lunged at him, but Ashfur was quick this time, he slid to his right, avoiding his deadly claws. Now it was his turn, Ashfur sprung forward, his claws facing in front of him, but Scourge was much to fast, he was out of Ashfurs path before the tom had touched the ground. Ashfur blinked, Where is he?! Ashfur suddenly felt a surge of pain Perice through his shoulders.

Scourge had manged to leap onto Ashfur's back, his claws burrowed deep within his skin, Ashfur yowled in pain, without thinking, Ashfur rolled onto his back, his back slammed against the ground, bringing even more pain, he held back a hiss. I didn't feel him hit the ground, where is he?  Ashfur glanced around, his gaze finally found, him his paw was raised high in the air, his face was blank. He's trying to preform the same move that killed, Tigerstar!

 Ashfur quickly rolled away-but not in time, Scourage's claws slashed across his flank, Ashfur's jaws let out a pricing screech, it felt as if all the skin was torn from the bone, he felt the wound throbbing, as it quickly heated up, he could feel warm blood spreading over his fur. Get up. Ashfur felt his vision slowly start to fade. You cant give in. The pain was unbearable. Ashfur. He could feel himself growing weaker. Get up!  Ashfur would not give up.