Just add magical adventure

"So, you guys aren't the protectors anymore?" Chuck asked the girls.
They shook their heads

"And the book is in bay city?"

"Yeah a lot has changed since we last saw you" Hannah told him

"So what have you been up to Chuck?" Darbie asked

"No time to talk. My friend Ian Maddox came to the future to hide a dangerous sourdough starter" he explained

"Wait your future, or our future?"

"Yeah time travel is cool but the math is confusing".

"Doesn't matter, the starter is in bay city now and this watch is the key to finding it" he tried handing it to kelly, but she just looked at it and didn't budge so Hannah took it instead.

"So the starter's in bay city, the book is in bay city".

"So we go to bay city" Darbie finished for Hannah.

Kelly who hadn't spoken a single word spoke up "but i have debate practice".

The three just stared at her

She rolled her eyes "fine, I'll just join debate next week".

"Okay we can't waste time we have to get going" he said

The girls dressed up in winter attire and packed the things they would need in their backpacks

"Okay is everyone ready?"

All three girls nodded

"Okay this is a different kind of teleporting called 'light leaping' which uses light and breaks up our body molecules into tiny pieces to be carried by the light, however if we're not careful we can fade away so we have to wrap all our concentration around all of us so everyone hold hands".

They did as he said Darbie and Hannah locked hands while kelly was in between Hannah and Chuck. Hannah grabbed Kelly's hand and Chuck offered Kelly's his hand.

But of course Kelly couldn't bring herself to take it. She was still very upset with what had happened and felt uncomfortable around him.

"Uh..I'll just go next to Darbie" Kelly said quickly and squeezed in between Hannah and Darbie.

The two girls looked at her confused having no clue what had happened between Chuck and Kelly but didn't say anything, meanwhile Chuck was overthinking that.

"Okay remember don't think about anything at all just focus on where you want to go and use all your concentration to keep yourself together" Chuck reminded them

They nodded and Chuck held the crystal up to the light and they glittered away.
————————————————————————
A/N: woohoo! Time to start on the mystery city arc also if there's any "keeper of the lost cities" fans reading this story you might notice that I snuck in light leaping it's just such a interesting thing to me and I love KOTLC sokeefe forever lol I can't wait for book 9.