The United Systems of Sol

The USS is the governing organization representing humanity as a whole. Officially established in 2231, thirty years after humanity had began its expansion into the neighboring star systems of Sol and establishing colonies.

The USS first came into contact with extraterrestrial life in 2275 following first contact with an aliens species. Contact was peaceful and humanity was opened to information across the galaxy of other extraterrestrial civilizations and acquired access to new technologies to help speed up their own technological developments and expansion across uninhabited systems.

The USS engaged with it's first interstellar war in 2333 following an aggressive assault from an extraterrestrial civilization. Humanity focused on developing full fledged warships to repel the assault and turn the tide in their favor. The war concluded in 2353 with a human victory and annexation of a majority of all alien territory, as well as the official establishment of the United Systems Intergalactic Defense Force as humanity's official military.

In 2505, humanity exceeded the warp barrier allowing ship travel through subspace to cover vast distances in shorter time compared to warp. This break through allowed the USS to further expand its influence across thousands more systems and establish colonies of hundreds more planets. At this point the Terran Quadrant had been established and accepted across the Milky Way to identify human controlled space covering twelve thousand light years with sixty billion star systems planned for colonization in the future.

In 2708, humanity has discovered the technology for wormhole travel, allowing instantaneous travel for ships between two wormholes of same frequency in space. This resulted in the development of the Star Gate Network. A vast network of large space structures generating wormholes for instant travel across human space. The Proxima Centauri system was chosen as the main hub for this vast network.

In 2728, the USS was officially labeled and recognized as one of the dominant factions of the Milky Way galaxy, being one of the founding factions of the Milky Way Alliance following hostile contact with an alien race originating from the Andromeda Galaxy.

In 2740, humanity participated with its allies in the Great Galactic War that spanned across all space between the Milky Way and Andromeda. The war was concluded in 2840 resulting in a MWA victory and complete withdrawal from the Andromeda following a peaceful close to the conflict. An estimate of one hundred billion lives were lost in the conflict from both space and surface battles.

In 2810, humanity has uncovered the secrets to achieving hyperspace FTL travel for starships, allowing for even farther distances to be covered quicker than even subspace. The technology was shared and exported across the galaxy to all other factions in alliance with the USS to further enhance development and expansion. At this point humanity has established over a million fully developed star systems, with three million being colonized, in development or planned. Total population consists of thirty six quadrillion following many population booms, biological developments, and cloning projects.

In 3102, humanity controls a vast portion of the Milky Way galaxy, establishing itself as the second to largest interstellar civilization within the galaxy. Half a million more systems were developed under the influence of the USS and has further expanded their reach across the galaxy. Engaging a several minor skirmishes between rival civilizations as a decisive factor across the galaxy.

In 3165, the Terran Quadrant disappears. No trace remains as all star systems found with the territory are no longer present following the disappearance. No answer is provided or found regarding the event as humanity as a whole has disappeared from the galaxy, never to be heard from again.