Chapter 6

-March 3rd, 3166

The attempts at first contact were a stunning success, with the alliance and trade between the United Systems of Sol and the Nova Alliance being finalized and made official. One of the biggest imports was specific technologies that the United Systems Intergalactic Defense Force did not believe would pose a potential security threat for Earth or her colonies.

The main focus of trade was advanced machinery, ship modules, and scientific developments that the Nova Research Division were already conducting research on and the Sol Science and Technology Institute have already developed and adopted for commercial and militarized use, including reactors with better energy output and basic shielding which gave a major buff to the Nova Fleet still fighting against the Insurgents.

Meanwhile, the United Systems of Sol in return received information and commercial trade with Nova colonies and key planets, allowing trading organizations to recover and for the government to have more awareness on the other factions of this new galaxy.

The Nova Alliance as it turned out was one of the youngest and weakest of these factions before the USS appeared. This also made them an easy target to other more powerful factions if the insurgents weren't already enough for them to deal with.

Next was the Strins Corporate Organization. A faction that valued profit over morals. The SCO, or 'The Corporation' as everyone called them, were run by the Strins. A small bipedal technocratic race reaching only just about a meter in average height. However they made up for that with their vast technological superiority over their neighbors, having merged other lesser factions or civilizations who barely even reached the atomic age and enslaving them as free labor. This habit soured their reputation with other factions, and made them one of the most hated but feared of all. It was also recently confirmed that the technology of the ship General Truato's brother, Apollo Tarzu, was a dreadnought of Corporation origin, adding superstition that the Corporation were aiding the insurgents.

Next there was the Republic of Organized Systems. These were a much more reasonable faction and preferred finding diplomatic solutions to present issues rather than going straight to offensive measures. The ROS consisted mainly on five key races that made up the majority of their society and government, every ten years electing a single individual as president to represent them as whole.

Next was the Slave Syndicate. This faction wasn't actually a society, but rather an organization run by pirates, smugglers, and other scum who operated in organized slave trade and criminal activity. Their biggest partner was no doubt the Corporation, and controlled multiple systems concealed in what was known as the Slaver's Nebula. This nebula made tracking difficult for starships that were unfamiliar with the territory and was a perfect location for ambushes should anyone try to oppose the Syndicate.

Then came the two most powerful major factions. The Codex Empire and Kold Union. Both sides were run by the same race of Eldis, a humanoid species with pale blue skin and pure black eyes with flat nostrils. Both sides were engaged in a war between each other over an entire quadrant on the opposite end of the galaxy where the Terran Quadrant now resided. No one knows how exactly this war started, but all factions were prohibited from participating by both sides. The Empire and Union were very against foreign intervention when in came to internal matters and conflicts, and had agreed to a pact to unite their efforts briefly should one foreign faction or organization attempt to assist one or the other. A strange agreement, but it prevented other factions from trying to cease any opportunities with them. As for the war, the war had lasted for seven decades, currently in a stalemate as both sides produced ships, equipment, and clone soldiers to fight a war spanning across over a hundred worlds that served as the current frontline.