Chapter 2

-January 3rd, 3166
-Proxima Centauri System, New Earth

The Proxima Centauri System, neighboring the Alpha Centauri System and first neighboring system to be colonized by humanity in 2232 following the breakthrough in warp drive technology. Proxima b, or New Earth as it's now called, was the first exoplanet to be successfully colonized by humanity and developed into a garden world later on in the future.

The system served as one of the most vital key points in interstellar travel, where the main hub for the Star Gate Network was established. A massive diamond shaped space construct orbited the red dwarf star, serving as the control center for the vast network with hundreds of Star Gates scattered around it leading to various key systems. It was one of the busiest points of space as far as the USS was aware as star ships of both commercial and navy were constantly entering and exiting the large gates to cut time on travel. Plans were previously being made of establishing several Star Gates within the Andromeda Galaxy after the war was over in efforts to build trust and partnership between the two galaxies, bringing them closer together than they ever have before. But the project was temporarily canceled and halted until tensions were eased up between the two galaxies.

New Earth became a key location for trade and shipping having access to the entire quadrant with ease. Constructed around it were two massive rings with terrain and cities on the inter layer, ports and shipyards on the outer layer. Scattered around like asteroids were large stations that served as the headquarters for corporations and enterprises that operated for or within the United Systems of Sol. The largest station carried approximately the same mass as Earth's moon, being the headquarters for the United Systems Interstellar Defense Force. It was a massive pyramid shaped structure with layers of external harbors and docks holding thousands of warships currently in service with the navy, and internal dry docks for retired or decommissioned ships either scheduled for dismantlement or to be become a museum ship. Surrounding it were hundreds of defense platforms and satellites armed with torpedos, missiles, and laser batteries of varying caliber as well as weapons along the headquarters itself for defense from attacks.

Inside the very top of the structure was Director Logan Phillmor's office as he held authority over the entirety of the Intergalactic Defense Force under the president himself. Looking out his office window, he was given a great view of New Earth and the ships flying in and out of the Star Gates.

Given current circumstances, the navy was much more active with more fleets on duty and patrols tightened and increased across the quadrant. The sound of sliding doors opening behind him were followed by foot steps as an officer walked into his office.

The officer was clad in standard United Systems Intergalactic Defense Force service uniform, made up of a dark grey composite fiber that was designed for comfort, flexibility, and resistant to wear and tear. The collar and sleeves were decorated with blue stripes and rank was shown through yellow stripes along the shoulders. Badges were also present on the left side chest to signify their position and occupation within the force. "Report."

"Director, we just received a transmission from the Vindicator sent with the fleet to investigate the signal we detected outside our borders.".

In response, Phillmor turned around to make eye contact with the man. "And...what did the commander say?"

"Sir! The U.S.S. Vindicator and her fleet tracked and investigated the signal as ordered and came across a generic satellite of unknown, but outdated tech. Following after, an unknown fleet of ships hailing from the 'Nova Alliance' intercepted them and threatened the fleet with armed combat after requesting to board our ships. In the end, Commander Dean was able to 'convince' this Captain Brek to stand down and both sides departed the system without opening conflict."