~ Chapter One ~

I wasn't paying attention to class, again. I don't normally need to, I just fill out the test questions and hope to get an average mark.

There was no air flow in the classroom, and the heat was weighing down on us. I rub my neck and glance up at Aly, she seems to know what she's doing. Sighing I look down at my own computer document. Its blank. I've been wasting most of my time watching YouTube videos, I learn more from those than I do in English anyways.

Two more minutes till the end of class. Two more minutes until lunch. Dam, I'm hungry. My head perks up at the sound of a growling stomachs, including mine.

Eventually the Teacher dismissed our class and waddled out. Finally. Food.

I could sense nearly all of us leaning forwards in our seats, especially Mack. He seemed to be holding himself back with what little self restraint he had from rampaging around like an animal after his meal. I don't blame him, I felt the same way.

My attention switched to the foodie volunteer who just walked in. I honestly don't know what they're actually called but I'm sticking with that name.

"Well, er- as I can tell you all seem very hungry," She seemed nervous when she paused like she could feel the tension in the air. "Unfortunately there has been a little accident..." 

I groaned inwardly before smacking my palm to my forehead, that's all I needed to hear."Guess were going to starve," someone muttered. Another person chuckled.

"...so sadly, you will not be getting lunch today. I apologize."

 To my left Aly's stomach was moaning and she was clutching it with one of her hands, her face expressionless. Koen muttered exasperatedly and threw punches in the air. 

"Have you been practising?" I asked teasingly watching him flail his arms around aggressively.

"Shadup."

Suddenly Mack stood up, "Where are you going?" Demanded Koen turning around to glare at him. I had to stifle a laugh. Mack and Koen are really amusing to me, they're always acting so dramatic, and when their personalities clash its hard to be serious.

"I'm going to get my lunch." Announced Mack, the only person who wasn't staring at the two of them right now was our supervising teacher, Mr. Caether. I'm not sure he's even awake.

"What do you mean? Did you not hear that person?!" Koen pointed at the door, "All our lunches are gone!" I have to admit he did have a point.

Turning my head around I grinned at Luke, whos head was peeking out of a book. Face half way between a worried and entertained look across their face. 

I spun back around to Mack's rising voice.

"Did you not hear her?! She said there was one last lunch and it's mine." Mack stepped forwards toward Koen threatenly. 

First of all that lunch was mine. Second of all I knew were this was going.

Before I could speak up Charles stood, "Ayo! We're all hungry! We'll sort something out."  Whenever Charles tries to sort something out we normally just take a step backwards.

"Stay out of this! I'm the most hungry here and-" 

"No way you are not-"

"Guys!"

My turn to stand up, "Settle down. We've all had a long day and we're all equally hungry." Charles sighed and sat down, Mack stepped back towards the door.

"Where do you think your going!?" Koen growled through clenched teeth. His arm shot out and grabbed Mack's wrist. Alright this was no longer funny. 

Aly stepped up next to me. "I agree with Cena and Charles, we need to-" Koen interrupted her. Most people were standing up now.

"No way! This guy is going to take all the food for himself!" Koen's voice was growing louder. I tuned out and walked forwards, this wasn't going to end well.

Somebody yelled and Mack broke into a run, I slammed the door and Koen charged at Mack. They were both on the ground now clawing at each other. 

If this was a different situation it might've been funny because Mack and Koen are both short and comical yelling at each other on the ground. But not now.

A crowd had gathered around us and other people tried to get involved but were shoved back. I pushed to the front grabbing Mack by the arms and dragging him away. Koen tried to go after him but was caught by Aly.

I quickly dropped Mack and glared at him. Big mistake. He darted out of them room Koen  chasing after him.

I glanced at Mr. Caether; how does he catch us cheating during pop quizzes but not when something like this happens.

I felt tempted to go after them but knew better than to. I'll get my chance later. This will soon be sorted out.