~ Chapter Two ~

Well that escalated quickly. 

Aly normally keeps her head level in these situations- unlike me whos always heart over head. Her expression seemed confused but mainly deep in thought.

I motioned for Charles and her to follow me saying, "Common guys. We gotta sort this out." 

Charles glanced at me and I turned towards the door, this wasn't like a huge school fight, yet. People were just hungry and I'd like to keep it that way. I'm walking down the hallway at a brisk pace right now and I didn't notice Charles right next to me.

Really Cena?

I'm not normally one to be spooked easily, and Charles isn't very sneaky, I mean, he's not really graceful either. I just didn't notice him until he tapped me on the shoulder and I whirled around, stumbled and tripped over my feet at the same time.

"Ha- Cena, the [ Some Charles speech ] was that?!"

"You're one to talk."

Holy cow. Ms. Heather. Where did you come from.

You guessed it right behind us; some teachers am I right? We escaped after a bit of smooth talking, ahem, Charles stumbling over words for and explanation. And we found ourselves outside.

I feel like I'm throwing a lot of shame onto Charles, it's not like that. He's a nice kid, funny, um, weird. In a good way... Sometimes...

Moving on- we're outside now. I'm surprised that Aly didn't follow, but I guess at the same time she's Aly and Aly is really independent and smart. She'll figure something out, ...or have a tragic accident [ Maybe broken bones? ] involving cotton.  You never know with her.

"What now?" Charles spoke up. I paused before replying.

"How am I supposed to know?''

"You have ideas -"

"Why don't we join the others?"

"Hell nah."

"You asked for ideas!"

I shoved his shoulder playfully and he swatted back in defiance. I walked off towards the others and Charles reluctantly followed, "the others" were a group of boys and Luke. Mack and Koen weren't there.

I joined in mid-way through a quick conversation with Luke and Gavin, I did spot Koen and Mack; they were still at it. Fighting. Not physically, but aggressively enough. 

"Hold on." I muttered, stepping away from the group and dragging Charles by the collar. 

"I never signed up for this..." Whined Charles as he struggled out of my grip. I chuckled, he's still following me anyways. Our school's playground is part hills and trees- basically a small forest to play in at recess, with the exception of the soccer field and the basketball net near the road.

I jumped over a log and scrambled up some rocks towards Koen. I couldn't see Mack, all we had to do was knock some sanity into them.

"Why don't we sneak up on them?"

I turned around. Surprised. It wasn't Charles that said that, it was George, He shrugged.

"Luke went off and so did Gavin, I'm bored." He seemed a bit off. Resentful? Something was different in his attitude, I just couldn't place it. Maybe just hunger?

I guess it was just getting to us all. 

"Sure." Turning back around Mack definitely wasn't there, it was just Koen and he seemed a bit on edge.  I don't know why but sneaking up on him seemed like a good idea, at least approaching him head on seemed like a bad one.

I walk to him slowly this time, Charles and George next to me. We were far enough away that he couldn't see us but close enough that we could hear him. George flinched, his eyes focus directly on Koen. Then suddenly-

"CaN IgeT ahOIyaaa?!"

Siriously Charles?

George broke into a run after Koen, Koen -probably still  uneasy because of Mack's encounter- sprinted down the hill. Both of them jumping and dodging rocks and puddles as they slid to the bottom and hit the ground running.

Again I felt the temptation to chase after them. 

Instead I practically yelled at Charles, I don't know what I said exactly but it went somewhere along the lines of: "You are an idiot! Charles honestly! We were so close!"

Aly came running towards us, and I faced her.

"Thank goodness you're here! This guy is driving me crazy!" I explained to her what happened and her expression changed into an mocking scowl.

"That's disappointing, but I'm sure we'll get another opportunity to calm them down." She put a han on her hip and looked at the sky.

I groaned. Koen, Mack, maybe George? 

"Its like our class is brainwashed over food." I said.

"Sure, all of them could probably takes us down, but they don't know where the food is, do they?" Aly's eye locked with mine, as Charles muttered, "...Only if they all go crazy..."

I crossed my arms and shifted my weight to one foot, "Nobody does Aly." I said that like I would say duh. But I think shes onto something.

"I do." Of course, "I asked the lady who told us and she said that it's around Brooklyn Street or Hiller road, she couldn't remember."

Bingo. This is why we need Aly. Charles, on the other hand I'm still figuring out.

"Alright, that's good right? Now we can get to the lunch faster than them!" Charles sounded really happy, excited for the food.

We walked together towards the bottom of the hill, in the shade of some trees. Charles and Aly talked together and I glanced around uneasily. Something didn't seem right, looking around the scenery I felt like I was being watched.

This class... Wouldn't get too out of hand right?