Chapter one ~ new kids

School is not the most likable thing, at least it isn't right now. Most of the kids have their little school crushes, but there's nobody - and I mean NOBODY - at this school that I am even slightly interested in. So there is nothing exciting or enticing about my school days.
  Everyday feels the same. Wake up, go to school, come home, sleep, and repeat. I don't have anyone I hangout with, and I never get invited to parties. Really hoping that'll change for my last few years of high school.

   It's 7:45, I woke up late. What a great start to the day. I rushed to put on a pair of jeans that I had wore the previous day, people who don't wear their jeans a few days in a row before washing them are crazy. I can't decide wether I want to wear a hoodie or a tank top today, the weather is awfully nice. I guess a tank top it is. The tank top has spaghetti straps, which I'll most likely be called in to the office for, and lace that goes along the trim. The color is a light green sage, which goes along nicely with my jeans. I can't choose between vans or converse..but converse look good with everything so converse it is! I put a necklace on that was silver with a butterfly, combed through my hair, brushed my teeth, and said goodbye to my mom before leaving my house hurriedly.

   I arrived at school to all of the students chattering and eyeing the school hallways. What was happening? Was there another fight again, that would be the third one this week...IT'S TUESDAY. I chose to ignore it and walk to my first class of the day which was History. I enjoyed history, I found it very interesting and crucial. People were still gossiping when I entered, what the hell was going on in this place. I sat down letting my backpack fall off my shoulder and down my arm onto the floor.

   The teacher, Mr.Weeks began to speak.
"Alright class, everyone settle down it's time to start. I'm sure we are all excited about the new students, but you can discuss that at a later time..." I tuned his voice out. New students? Why did I not hear about this, and not just one but multiple new ones? No wonder everyone's going batshit crazy, this town is so small, we rarely get new people.

   History was over and it was time for study hall. As I'm walking the hallways everyone still has an eye open. I have yet to see these new students, but apparently they are the talk of the town. Study hall is probably one of my least favorite classes, it bores me to death. I always have my work done, so I sit there doing nothing for an hour. As I walk in, everyone had their eyes to a certain direction. I look over to see a tall boy with brown hair and GREAT style standing by the teachers desk. Ah, one of the new students. I looked away after a second, not interested anymore, and headed to my seat. This is going to be a long hour.

   "Class," I perked my head up from my phone to tune into the teacher, "why don't we give a warm welcome to the new student who will be joining us today. Go ahead Nicolas." The teacher gave him a loving smile and all heads turned towards the front to him.
"Hi, my name is Nicolas, Nick for short. I just moved here, and yeah. Nice to meet you guys."
He seems nice, it'll be good to not have another douchebag added to the school.
"Thank you Nick, you can take a seat there in the back next to Y/N."
All eyes turned to me. Fuck. This.

  Not a good first impression on his part, he has the whole class looking at me and in my direction. He looked to me and he, smiled? Walking over to his new assigned desk and sitting down he whispered,"Hi"
Does he not know I'm the outcast of the school? He will be judged just for talking to me.
"Hello." I said in a small voice. This poor kid just ruined his school reputation and he didn't even know it.
"I like your outfit a lot, I too take interest in fashion." He said, with a smile on his face. Why is he so happy, school isn't a place to be happy.
"Thank you, I like your style. Very trendy." I said trying to push off this conversation. Some of my classmates eyes were still on me. I hate this, I hate being the center of attention.
"I'm Nick, as you heard. And you are Y/N?"
"Yeah, I am she. She is me."
He let out a laugh. I looked at him confused.
"I'm sorry, I was remembering a video I had just posted to YouTube. I said a quote kinda like that. " He said laughing at his memory.
I cracked a smile and spoke
"So you do YouTube?"
"Yes, I do. Maybe you will have to be a special guest in one of the videos sometime." He gave me a warm smile.
"That sounds super fun."
The bell rang. Maybe study hall won't be so bad after all.