Chapter four ~ rivalry

I walked out of my next class, to see Matt standing there.
"Hi Y/N, how was class?" He asked.
"It was good. What are you doing here?" His last class was all the way upstairs, meaning he would've had to walk all the way down to be here.
"Just thought I'd wait for you" he started "do you want to hangout?"
My jaw almost dropped to the damn floor. Someone just asked me to hangout. ME.
"Yes absolutely!" I replied, with too much excitement.
He smiled at my enthusiastic reply.

We discussed things we could do when we hang out, while walking to his car. I would have to come back to the school and get my car later on.
"So, do you just want to come back to my house?" He suggested.
Is this real life?
"Sure." I smiled.

When we pulled into his driveway, I took a second to admire his house. It was already super pretty from the outside.
"Are your brothers home?" I questioned.
"Just Nick, Chris had to run to the store to get stuff for our next YouTube video." Matt said as he was getting out of the car. He came to my side, and opened my door.
"Wow what a gentleman" I joked "thank you."
He laughed.

When we walked in, it was absolutely beautiful.
"NICK, COME HERE!" He shouted.
Nick came running down, almost panicked.
"The fuck, I thought something was wrong!" He said out of breath. "OH, Y/N! Hi!" He hugged me.
"Hi Nick, are you going to hangout with us?"
"I have a bunch of editing to do, but maybe I'll come chill later on." He shot me a smile and started walking back up the stairs to his room.
"Well, welcome to my house. Let me know if you're hungry or thirsty." I nodded at this.

We walked into his room and I sat on the edge of his bed. His room was very, bare. Not much decoration or furniture. I bet a prisoner had more furniture than this.
"Hey, Matt?" I wanted to ask him something.
"Yeah?"
"Why haven't you guys interacted with anyone else in the school?"
"Just haven't gotten around to it I guess. I'm sure we will soon."
His reply saddened me, not sure why. Maybe I didn't want them to be friends with others at the school.
"Enough about school, let's play some games." He said handing me a controller.
"Ohhh I'm gonna beat your ass!" I said confidently.
"Yeah ok, we will see about that." He scoffed.

We played so many rounds I honestly lost count, and lost track of time. I heard someone walking towards his room, it might be Nick. Finally he is going to hang with us.
"Hey Matt, I got the stuff-" Chris stopped in his tracks as he opened the door.
"Y/N?" He looked confused.
"Hey Chris." I couldn't help but smile at him.
"Matt?" He looked at him.
"I invited her to hangout, we both had nothing better to do." Matt said.
He looked back and forth between Matt and I, and then shook his head slightly while he walked out the door.
What was that? Is he ok?
"He didn't seem too happy that I was here." I frowned at Matt.
"No it's not that."
"What is it then?" I questioned.
He looked away, and tried to change the subject.
"It's getting late, do you want me to take you back to your car now?"
"Yeah, sure." I answered.

The car ride was pretty quiet, between the two of us, but my mind was racing making my thoughts loud.
"I had a lot of fun Y/N, we should make this a thing we do."
"Yeah of course, thank you for inviting me." I said.
"My pleasure." He smiled at me.
His smile was pretty, just like Chris's. But I was too worried about why Chris acted like that to even notice his smiles beauty.
"Goodnight Matt."
"Goodnight Y/N, drive safe."
And with that I got out of his car and got into mine. I just wanted to go to bed already.

When I got home I flopped into my bed and closed my eyes immediately. This is a problem for the morning, I'm going to sleep for now. And so I did.

When I woke up I decided to dress up today. Why not? I quickly showered so I smelled good. Did my hair up all nice, and put on a bit of makeup. What should I wear?! While thinking of what to wear I put on a bunch of rings, remembering that Chris gave me his. It was too big to stay on my fingers, so I grabbed a small silver chain I had and put the ring on it. I clasped it around my neck, and the ring rested by my collar bones. Now it's a beautiful necklace that I'll always have on me. I finally decide what I'm going to wear. I put on fishnets and pull a skirt over them. The skirt was black and white plaid. I then put on a white long sleeve turtle neck, and layer a oversized black tee-shirt over it. I then throw on some doc martens and feel as if my outfit is good enough. I grab my bookbag, and make my way out to my car.