Chapter fifteen ~ goodbye

It's been a few months now, and my life has been great. Chris asked me out and obviously I said yes. He took me to a restaurant that had a view of the sunset, so we watched the sun fall asleep and the moon wake up as we ate. He has treated me like royalty this whole time, that's just who he is. Still best friends with Nick and Matt. It took Matt a few weeks to get used to Chris and I. I can tell that deep down he still likes me, but none of us ever mention it.

   Today is the day I have been fearing for a while. If you recall, I took the opportunity to graduate early. And so I did, I graduated. Which means it's time to go to collage. I have figured out that I would like to go to college in... Sweden. I find it so lovely there, and the colleges are amazing there. This is going to be a huge change for me. Going from the US to Sweden, leaving my family and friends behind. It's going to be rough, but I know it's going to be worth it. My mom is skeptical of me doing this, she doesn't want me being so far away from home, but I told her this is what I want. So she agreed. The triplets are having a hard time with this as well, especially Chris. I feel guilty, but at the same time this is something I really want for myself.

  The train leaves in an hour. I will be taking a train to the nearest airport, and then I'll be on my way to Sweden. I will admit I'm extremely nervous. But the triplets and my mom are here with me, at the train station, to comfort me for the final moments.

"I'm going to miss you." Chris leaned his forehead against mine.
"Hey," I put my right hand against his cheek "I'll be back before you know it. I'll be texting and calling you everyday."
He dropped his head down onto my shoulder, and I kissed the top of his head.
"Y/N are you sure you have to leave? I mean there's so many collages here-"
"Nick, it's going to be ok."
"I know." Nick said in defeat. "I'm just going to miss having my best friend around. There's not been a day where I wasn't with you."
At this point my throat was burning, that feeling that you get when you want to cry. I could almost gag on the lump in my throat.
"I know, I'm going to miss you so much." I said.
Matt has been sitting quietly, I know this is hurting him as much as it is hurting the other two.
"Matt" I said getting his attention "you're going to be ok. You've got your brothers, and your dashing smile. Can't forget about those bright blue eyes." He cracked a smile and shook his head.
"I am" he hesitated "going to miss you a lot
Y/N. It won't be the same without you around. You always know how to make people smile, to make days fun."
Fuck I am really going to cry.
"Nick, Matt, come here." Chris was already in my arms, so I opened them up for the other two to join as well. They took the offer and we were all now forming a big group hug.

"I love you guys. I will miss you more than anything. I will visit as often as I can, and contact you 24/7. Don't go forgetting about me." I let out a small laugh through my tears. I can't believe I'm doing this.
They all said they loved me too, and we stayed like that for a few minutes. None of us wanted to let go.

Chris had pulled me aside from the group to talk to me.
"Y/N, how am I supposed to function without you?" His eyes were watering.
"Heyyy, hey hey Chris." I hugged him.
"You're going to be just fine. I promise you."
He squeezed me tight.
"You are the one that was made for me. We are like puzzle pieces, we go together." He was trying to talk through his sobbing. "I don't want you to go. Please Y/N. please.."
This is absolutely breaking my heart. I know he wants me to go, to live my dream, but he also knows he needs me. And I need him.
I wiped his tears.
"I have to." I whispered.
"I know." He replied.
I was looking deep into his eyes. I could feel his sadness. His urge for wanting me to stay. I watched all of our memories flash within his eyes.
He kissed me. Like it was the last time he'd ever kiss me again. So full of pure love, but yet sadness. I wish time would stop. Chris and I together, my best friends just around the corner with my mom, me in his arms and his gentle kiss.
He pulled away, and kissed my forehead.
"I love you Y/N." He said.
"I love you too."

We walked back hand in hand to the others. Everyone had been crying at some point.
"ATTENTION, train 36 will be leaving in two minutes. Get on board if you are not yet!"
Shit! That's my train.
I rushed to get my suitcase and bags. I hugged them all one last time. Giving everyone a kiss on the cheek, and my mom the biggest hug in the world. I walked towards my train, constantly turning my head to see them behind me.
"Ticket?"
"Ah," I pulled it out of my pocket "here you go."
"Thanks, you may go."
I got on the train, and as soon as I sat down I looked out the window. There they all were, waving at me. They were so close, yet so far. Chris got as close as he could to the train, mouthing "I love you"s. The train shook, meaning it was getting ready to go. I put my hand against the window suddenly, not believing I was actually doing this. Chris started walking with the train while it was at a slow pace. As it grew faster, so did Chris. He was running along the train, a tear slipped down my cheek falling onto my lap. The train grew too fast, and outran Chris. Leaving me to watch him fade away behind me. I laid my head against the window and closed my eyes. I love him to the moon and back. I always, will.

———————————————————————————

AUTHORS NOTE:

guys im fucking cryinggg😭 the pure love that radiates from this book is beautiful, yet so heartbreaking.
i'm so glad you guys have enjoyed this book. i am so sad to leave it at this. 💔
however be on the lookout because i will most likely write a second book about when you are at collage and come home from it!!
Let me know if you guys would like to see that

I love you all so much, I hope you're all having a wonderful start to the week. Thank you so much for all the love and support.

Love, the author.

SECOND BOOK IS OUT NOW !! it's called One Step Forward ! <3