Hotter Than Hell - Late Night Kisses

Chapter seven – Late Night Kisses

“No mom do not come over.” I almost shouted into the phone. God knows I love my mom but sometimes…SOMETIMES I wanted to strangle her!

“It’s just that you’re all alone and I miss you terribly plus I worry because no one is taking care of you.” She said, I could tell she was crying silently on the other end.

“Mom I promise I’m fine.” I lied, it had only been a few hours ago that I had nearly been bitten by the snake, and to be honest I was still shaken but I wasn’t about to tell her that!

“Please let me come over and take care of you.” She begged.

I switched the phone from my left ear to the right because my left arm was getting tired, in three minutes it would have been two hours since I started talking to my mom on the phone, I sighed. “How about I come and spend the weekend with you guys this week.” I offered grimly, I really didn’t want to go home not because my family was boring or hateful, but because they were too wonderful, they always wanted to know what was happening with everyone, it was very sickly sweet, but I had to move out as soon as I graduated high school before they smothered me.

“No I want you to live with us or I can come over and take care of you.” She insisted.

“Mom!!” I yelled, jeez will this woman ever back off, my doorbell started to ring that same moment, “Coming……mom someone’s knocking on my door talk to you later ok.” I said quickly and hang up before she protested.

“coming.” I shouted again when the bell rang for the second time. The minute I swung the door open I found Jason Greene standing on my doorstep. It’s like he follows me around, everywhere I go he’s always there or manages to find me!

“Hey miss Kaleen.” He greeted.

God the sound of his voice alone left me breathless, “h-hi.” I stammered like a teenage girl with a crush, stop it!!

“Can I come in or are you going to keep me standing here.” He asked all while staring at me. I suddenly remembered I was only wearing shorts and a tiny T-Shirt that hugged my body, even though that was a bit decent, his eyes made me feel as if I was practically naked.

“Sure come in.” I stepped aside allowing him to enter, the minute he did I was arrested by his strong male scent.

“Could I borrow a towel?” He asked as we walked into my living room.

“huh.” I asked confused and saw that his hair was all wet as well as his shirt. “Why are you wet?” I asked.

“It’s drizzling outside.” He replied and collapsed into my sofa.

Instead of getting the towel I was too busy staring at him sprawled on my sofa, wouldn’t it be nice to join him and let him wrap his arms around me.

“Kaleen….towel.” he repeated the words one by one when he caught me staring.

“Uh ….yeah. I’ll go get you one.” I said nervously and escaped up the stairs to my room, I was too busy thinking about Jason that I didn’t notice my bedroom window was hanging open.

I dashed towards my bathroom and rummaged the cupboard looking for a spare towel, I found a pink one but it looked to feminine and I thought Jason might not like it, I was reaching for a white one when something dark, which looked like a piece of clothing was thrown over my head.

At first I assumed one of the towels on the top shelves might have fallen on my head, but when cold hands slammed my head against the wall and I tested blood in my own mouth I began to think otherwise.