Hotter Than Hell - Accusations

Ok I feel I should say this before you read and ask me later on why the hell Kaleen did that………….. People do stupid things all the time when they are desperate!

Chapter Sixteen – Accusations

“We’re clear but don’t get up, in case they are following Me.” she said.

“Ok” I nodded. “Geegee why is Jason helping me if he’s with Ryan.” I couldn’t help but ask.

“He didn’t tell you.” She asked, even though I couldn’t see her face I could tell she was frowning.

“No.” I said bitterly, I seemed to be finding the most obvious and shocking things last minute.

“Kaleen, Jason is a cop, he’s undercover.”

“What!” I cried out in shock.

“Look I’m taking you to his house and you two can sort out your differences later.” She said impatiently.

I shook my head I needed more answers than she was giving me, “How he be a cop? He’s not even eighteen yet.” I complained. The whole thing seemed too bizarre and too good to be true. And if Jason was indeed a cop why had he confided in Geegee instead of me.

“He’s 24 Kaleen, the reason why he looks so young is he shaves three times a day, wears his hair longer, wears teen clothes and we have a team of makeup artist who work on him every day so he looks younger, now enough questions, if you have any more ask Jason the next time you see him.” She said all this very quickly and I had to lean forward to catch every word that was coming out of her mouth.

“How is it that you know all these things?” I said ignoring her warning about asking too many questions.

She sighed again, “I know all these things because I’m undercover too.” She said. I gasped and stared at her wide eyed. Unbelievable was all I could think at the moment.

“Great! Is everyone an undercover cop too?” She must be lying, Geegee was no cop I could tell, she was too girly and too high-schoolish to be a cop.

“I didn’t say I was a cop.” She corrected immediately, “After I was initiated into the cult, Jason approached me and made me see reason. I’ve been feeding him with information for a long time now but it was getting too risky so he decided to alter himself to look younger and then start attending Raven High in order to get names of those involved because even though I was a member I didn’t know everyone by name or face to face.” Geegee explained. “I hope you’re happy now and no more questions, the whole thing makes me nervous.”

“humph.” I sighed and laid back on the floor once again, so Jason was a cop…wait that time when he came to my house and my dad said he knew him, did my dad know then that I wasn’t dating a student but an undercover cop? He must have known, no wonder he seemed so proud of me.

“I’m going to kill Jason.” I swore under my breath, he should have told me, I trusted him with my inner most secrets and he couldn’t do the same in return, he should have told me his was a cop, instead he had used me as bait to get more answers. Did he even love me or was I just a pawn in his game?

                                                            **********************

An hour later we stopped in front of a two storey building house painted cream; it had the most amazing sunflower garden I had ever seen in front, it made the whole house homey and deliciously inviting. Looking at the house I pictured myself living here, married with four kids attached to my hips and it made me smile.