Hotter Than Hell - Questions

Chapter seventeen - Questions

Let me tell you something, being accused of a foul crime you didn’t commit sucks big time, because everyone starts to look at you like you’ve grown an extra set of head and everything about you screams psycho killer, at least that’s how I felt when they escorted me down to the police station handcuffed and everyone kept giving me a disgusting glare.

“Take her to the questioning room, Detective Webber will be with her shortly.” The officer who had arrested me and nearly broken my face when he shoved me against the wall ordered.

“This way.” Another police officer said grabbing my arm and leading me down the hall which was full of police officers escorting criminals up and down.

Three minutes later he opened a door and we entered a room with a one way mirror on all four sides of the wall, the only thing this room had was a two chairs a table, after he handcuffed me securely to the chair; he brought me a glass of water.

“My advice to you Miss Daniels is to tell the truth, because if you corporate you might get a lighter sentence.” He said.

I was about to say for the millionth time that I hadn’t done anything wrong but I changed my mind, because it looked like no matter what I said these people would still think I was guilty, my only chance of escaping this would have to be in the evidence they would collect at the crime scene, that would prove I was indeed innocent and hopefully would be left alone.

An hour later I was starting to think everyone had forgotten about me until the door opened and a rather tall man with grey hair stepped in accompanied by three other police officers. I assumed immediately that the old man must be detective Webber.

“Good evening Miss Daniels, I’m detective Webber, I’m going to ask you a few questions.” He greeted politely. I smiled in response, he was the first person to be nice to me, the rest of them treated me like garbage, but Chief Webber smiled and looked friendly, maybe I could convince him that I was really innocent.

“So what happened?” He asked after he settled down.

I took in a deep breath before I answered. “I went to see Ryan because I wanted to end this once and for all……” I started to explain.

“End it?.....as in kill him.” detective Webber asked staring at me deeply.

“No!” I denied quickly, I wasn’t about to tell him I had gone there to try and kill him, that would only make my case worse.

“But we found a gun and the finger prints on it matched yours.’ Detective Webber argued.

“ok I went there with a gun but I wasn’t going to shoot him with it, I only took the gun along, because Ryan is dangerous and I wanted to have some kind of protection in case he didn’t want me to leave his house or tried to hurt me, I wasn’t planning on killing him I swear.”I pleaded earnestly.

“All right, so what happened after you arrived at his house?” Detective Webber asked and started scribbling something furiously down in the notepad in front of him before I opened my mouth to reply his question.

“Er ….. When I arrived I couldn’t find him downstairs so I went looking for him in his bedroom, that’s when I found him injured and soaked in blood. I immediately checked for his pulse but he didn’t have any, I was about to dial 911 when police officers stormed in and I was arrested.” I explained, they had to believe me, there was no way in hell I was going to jail for a crime I did not commit.

“So you are telling me when you got there he was already dead” detective Webber asked.

“Yes.’ I half shouted.