Next target

News of karna's victory reached in hastinapur in no time and everyone other kingdoms in aryavarta started to fear the child who decimated panchal's forces and made surrender the prideful drupad.
_____________________________________

Karna was just getting bored sitting
and waiting for his pitamah to come and tell him about the next kingdom, they have to take over.

Bheeshma with the map entered in karna's tent.

Karna : what took you so long ?

Bheeshma : Nothing, I was just taking a nap. (sarcasm)

Karna : what ?

Bheeshma : idiot,  war is not a joke, you might be strong enough to wipe out armies but I am commanding this army. And it is my responsibility to see that there are least number of casualties which are possible.

Karna : fine I get it,  so don't make it a suspense now and tell me who is next ?

Bheeshma showed him the map and said this is the next kingdom.

Karna : Kosal. What is their speciality  ?

Bheeshma : Nothing,  they are just an ordinary army and they have just 15,000 men in their army. So they are nothing special. And they are also the closest in distance from us. So they are our next opponent.

Karna : so let's crush them!

Bheeshma was happy seeing that his grandchild was getting excited and he was enjoying himself.

Bheeshma : so looks like it will be another fun day after panchal war.

Karna : it surely will be.
______________________________________

They arrived near the borders of kosal just like last time karna was waiting alone in the battlefield and bheeshma was with the army waiting to see the war.

The Kosal army with their king arrived in battlefield and their was a certain fear from bheeshma and even from Karna.

The conch of war was just about to be blown but before that the king of kosal "vaademakhsi"gave up.

Vaademakshi : I on behalf of my men and kingdom forfeit and acknowledge the might of kuru clan and bow my head in front of the flag of kurus.

After saying that he was returning with his head held high and that confused karna. So out of curiosity he asked king of kosal.

Karna : hey, king you don't seemed to be frightened from me or anyone else so why giving up without a fight.

Vaademaskhi : true ,I am not scared of you but my men are , because they all have families to take care , they have some responsibilities to fulfill and I don't want that because of my ego they and there families have to suffer.

This touched karna and a thing ringed in his mind what arjun said when he was leaving.

Flashback

Arjun : don't go, wars ruin families.

Flashback ends

Karna (in his mind) war ruin families, true.

Karna : thanks a lot king!

Vaademakshi : why I didn't did anything ?

Karna : No you did, you taught me something, something which I would remember for my whole life so thanks again. And yeah you or any of your peasants don't need to pay any tax to us or follow any of our rules. You can take that as my way of thanking.

Vaademakshi : thanks ," warrior " I hope I meet you again someday but not on the battlefield.

Karna : yeah, me too we will surely meet someday.

With that without any bloodshed , hastinapur won the battle with kosal and king of kosal won karna's respect.
______________________________________

Bheeshma : you forgot something!

Karna : what ?

Bheeshma : his crown, proof of our victory!

Karna : I don't think so that we even won because a battle never occurred between us. So no victory and no proof of victory.

Bheeshma was surprised by karna's behavior, he was all pumped up for victory but now he..... is looking like he is at peace. And don't want to fight.

After an hour Karna was back like how he was in morning during begining if battle.

Karna : so just tell me who's ass I have to kick next. I want to take out the frustration of not fighting in today's battle. I want to become stronger so tell me already. Com'mon just say already.

He just sighed because of this mood swing of his grand child's mood.

He took out the map and told him about chedi kingdom.

Bheeshma : chedi a kingdom ruled by king damaghosha. He nowadays is very ill but during his youth, He was one of the mightiest warriors in whole of aryavarta. He has only one son who is crowned prince of the kingdom. And soon will be the king.

Karna : how many men they have ?

Bheeshma : 40,000 soldiers and 10,000 elephants. They have one of most trained and skilled elephant user's and their soldiers are the best in use of spear.

Karna : fine, so any advice to fight them ?

Bheeshma : keep your distance fight tactfully and and don't go all out, like your panchal war. If shishupal comes in battle, try to captive him and if possible kill him and end the battle.

Karna : so let's go.

Bheeshma : no, it is going to be night soon enough and it will take just an hour to reach near chedi's border so we will leave during early morning before sunrise. Any doubts or questions ?

Karna : No,  I am going to sleep.

Bheeshma : yes one more thing , try to use some other technique or weapon because everytime not the same weapon and technique will save you. Expand your vision Karna.

Karna : Expand my vision you say, so tell me how do I expand it ?

Bheeshma : that you have to find out, I can't really help in it.

Hey guys that is it for now see you all soon.