And now what ?

Almost two months have passed after the battle of kashi. They fought with vidarbha , chola , chera , pandya , pragjyotish and magadha kingdom till now and anga was a barren land in hastinapur's control Sindhu gave up after magadha's defeat and mathura was just remaining to conquer and then , they would leave aryavarta and attack and take control over foreign powers.

Till now out of every warrior Karna fought during his digvijya the toughest one out of all was jarasandha , the young king of magadha , he was a prodigy in wrestling. He just lacked experience can't really blame a 22 year old man who just became a king a few months ago.

Till the fight with jarasandha karna was able to somehow control the strength of power stone. Magadhas army was huge. It was of 6,00,000 soldiers and against them were 50,000 of hastinapur which were reduced to 30,000 in the last two months.

Bheeshma with his army was able to kill almost 2,00,000 with a lost of 15,000 men. During this time karna fought with jarasandha and defeat him.

It took three hits of the power stone to make jarasandha forfeit. Karna knew he was not using full strength of power stone but still , to take three hits from one of the strongest weapons in the world and still be alive is itself a feat. Karna grew respect for jarasandha and seeing karna's might , a 15 year old boy defeating him. He was impressed from karna's strength and generosity to spare his life after defeating him.

Jarasandha : you really are strong and may be will become stronger in near future and till that time I will also train hard to become stronger and I promise you next time , we meet I will defeat you.

Karna : I will eagerly wait for that day.

Jarasandha : before you leave take half of my army you will need it. Take it as a thanks from my side.
______________________________________

Karna and bheeshma in their tent were discussing about the last kingdom to conquer in aryavarta.

Bheeshma : the only kingdom remaining is Mathura, which is ruled by vasudev for sometime now.

Karna : "sometime now" what do you mean by that ?

Bheeshma : first it was ruled by kamsa the most infamous among the yadav clan, he for power put his father in prison. When there was a prophecy about his nephew being his death he imprisoned his sister and brother- in- law and murdered 7 of his nephews but the eighth one, who was said to be his death escaped and 12 years later, the prophecy came true after all. Kamsa was killed six months ago by his 12 year old nephew. And now the kingdom is ruled by vasudev his father. And the child who slained the son of ugrasen is now the crowned prince and the next king.

Karna : so how weak was kamsa to be killed by a child !

Bheeshma : Don't you think your question is a bit wrong, how strong that child would be to slay kamsa. I never fought kamsa, but I haven't ever met any king again who went to fight a war against him. He was one of the most formidable warriors of whole world.

Karna : fine if that is the case then send a peace proposal, if they are ready to surrender. We don't really need to fight them and if they are not willing to surrender. Then may be we will make them.

Bheeshma : Not a bad idea.

Bheeshma sent a messanger and got a reply which was.

"We are willing to die, if you can make us die. So bring it on. We will be waiting for you. "

Bheeshma with an annoyed face : those damn little yadavas have seriously got some nerves.

Karna : then let's show them all , what men of kuru clan are made up of !