The Uniform Policy

7 am. Time for Midnight to wake up. Her alarm clock goes off. She slams her fist onto the snooze bar. Time for school. She groggily makes her way over to the curtains and pulls them open. She squints her eyes and she tries to adjust to the light. She has a big yawn and sits down on her bed.

"God, I don't want to go to school today." She thinks. She slaps her thigh and hops up. She makes her way over to her walk in closet. She puts her fingers to her chin and wiggles them. She knows just the right outfit. She quickly gets undressed then dressed into an oversized blue sweater and black shorts. She ducks and grabs a pair of shoes from her drawer. Black flat heels. Perfect. Midnight feels ready than ever.

Midnight greets her older sister, Lydia, in the kitchen with a great smile. Lydia, however, notices, but simply does not care, for she is making scrambled eggs. Lydia notices what Midnight is wearing and stops her right in her tracks.

"Uh..Midnight?" She approaches.

"Y-yes, Lydia?" Midnight stutters back.

"You do realise that the school wants you to wear a uniform now."

Midnight could not believe what she was hearing. No, Lydia is just joking around. Right?

"What?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Go get changed, Midnight."

But she did not want to get changed. She started to get angry. She thought it was just Lydia playing tricks on her. I mean, it's the first day back at school. Who wouldn't joke around?

Midnight clenched her fists and gritted her teeth. She started to go red in the face. She started to get stronger, and as she got stronger, she grew. Midnight was as tall as the roof. Her eyes and the tips of her hair turned yellow. A lightning bolt struck the room. Lydia fell to the floor, shaking.

Meanwhile, in the family room. Midnight's little sister, Maddy, and their father, Bruno, were just having a relaxing time, waiting for the girls to get ready. Maddy was playing with her rabbit toy and Bruno was reading the Weekly Paper. They saw a bright light and turned their heads in sync. Did they know it was Midnight?

Midnight had Lydia cornered. She stretched out her arm and Bam! Out came a bolt that almost had enough volts to kill Lydia. It struck her in the eye. She fell to the floor, grasping and screaming in pain.

"Midnight stop!"

It was Gemma.

The night before, Midnight and Gemma decided to walk together to school the next morning. Midnight was so excited that she forgot. Gemma was waiting outside her door for 10 minutes until she heard a loud zap. She had no choice but to see what it was. Little did Gemma know that it would be Midnight about to kill her sister!

"Midnight, stop!"

Midnight focused her gaze towards Gemma.

"Why should I?" She says in a deep, scary voice.

"You are so much better than this!"

Midnight was getting ready to pounce on Gemma.

Gemma raised her hands up with fear.

"Please don't hurt me..or your family.."

Midnight starts to calm down.

"Midnight..please don't do this.."

What happened next made Midnight's heart skip a beat.

"..I love you."

Midnight started blushing. Her eyes and hair turned back to its normal color. She shrunk until she was back to her original size.