03

♡

You would think working with Xavier would be a piece of cake.

It's not, especially when he's set on letting you do most of the work since you are the defendant's lawyer. 'Your client will not be helping you other than retelling the story.' He told you, and you slapped his arm out of frustration.

But so far, you think you're doing great. You already have questions prepared for the witnesses, (that Xavier has approved) and a solid course of defense. You just pray that the prosecutor isn't gonna find that one piece of evidence that was very vague.

Right now, it was three-fifteen in the morning and you were close to passing out at your desk. Xavier hasn't come over for tonight so it was awfully quiet, something you had grown out of liking since Xavier always had something to say, and he was here almost every day with you.

Your fingers grip around your pen loosen, and you can feel your brain planning to shut itself off for some needed sleep, but you were way too worried about doing good with the mock trial that you still kept writing.

We have CCTV evidence that the client was in a different location at the exact time of the ---_

Your pen slips and your head bang onto the desk.

Xavier watched the pen fall to the desk before walking forward to grab the rolling item. He stands back up and sees you passed out, the side of your head laying on the spiral spine of the notebook.

He places the pen back into your open pencil case, debating whether to wake you up or not. You look peaceful. He wondered if you forgot about your dating thing.

He places a hand on your back and shakes you, deciding to keep you awake just for a little while as you open your eyes. "Morning Darlin'." He greets you with a smile, and you close your eyes again.

"..What's up?" You murmur, deciding to simply stay on your desk as Xavier pulls a seat nearby. "What time is it?" You asked.

"About three-thirty." He answers, sitting down before laying down on the desk as well, facing you. You open your eyes, Xavier notices the dark color under your eyes. "Why are you here?"

"Just wanted to check on you. Don't want my lawyer to be sleep deprived on the trial because they didn't sleep for the past two days." He answers and you scoff at his reason. "I wouldn't be this tired if you helped." You retorted, he shrugs with a lopsided grin. "If this was real life you know your client won't be helping."

You close your eyes again, "Hm, I know, but it would be nice if you did help." You flutter your eyes, trying to wave away the tiredness as he chuckles. "I'll go over your work and add some stuff you missed then?" He offers, raising a hand to brush your hair away from your face.

"That would be nice." You nodded and he offered you a smile. "I think I need fresh air." You conclude, moving your arms to rest below your head. He hums, considering asking. "Can you stay up for a little while?" He asked, you shrugged. "Maybe."