08.1

♡

You weren't sure how long you'd been standing near the entrance of the library.

It was late, the usual time where you head to the library and do late night studying or your homework but right now, you weren't sure if you were even going to do that once you see Xavier in there.

You exhaled, why are you scared? It's not like your relationship was real anyways, you both had a deal and it was going to end, you knew that. You knew that and you still agreed with the risk either way. God, that was a stupid deal for you to agree. And the way you kept forgetting you two were even dating? It just felt so.. natural that you often forget you both agreed onto this dumb idea and it wasn't like, an actual real relationship. You don't even know if Xavier was already inside the library or if he decided to ditch study night today.

Let's just get this over with, You straighten your back and begin to walk towards the entrance, moving the sliding door as you enter the air conditioned room with the fake confidence you've always used when you needed it. Only for it to falter once you see his figure, back facing you as he reads his book.

You walk towards the desk near where he was, shrugging your backpack off as you place it gently onto the table, catching Xavier's attention as he quickly turns his head to you, as if he was surprised. "Hey." He greets you, watching you take your seat as you slump, elbows plopped onto the desk with your head resting on your palms. "Hey." You greet back, staring ahead to avoid his eyes as he looks back to his book.

"You're a little late." He points out, his eyes skimming through the same dialogue that he was stuck in for the past hour as you shrug, sitting up to grab a few of your books out from your bag, "I took a nap before coming and didn't notice the time." You lied, turning a book open as you grabbed a hold of a highlighter. He hums, flipping a page despite his lack of attention to the book.

It was two in the morning, a whole hour late compared to what time you come over in the library. Silence was awkward, as if you both knew what today was and just needed someone to break the tension. He clears his throat and you cough, despite only just being in the same room for five minutes, it felt like hours of nothing but awkward tension.

You grew tired of it and you could tell he was too. "So.." You started, making him turn his head to give you a tired side eye. "I guess this is it..?"

He breaks and chuckles, "Why are you saying it like we're gonna die or something?" He asked, breathy chuckles come out from him as you snicker, shaking your head. "Shut up, I don't know what to say, okay? It was so awkward earlier." You both finally ease up, books forgotten as you both roll your chairs towards one another.

"So uh, how do we break this deal?" You asked rather hesitantly, he doesn't catch on it as he shrugs. "I guess.. we just stop acting like a couple from now on."

The side of your mouth twitches up, "Is this where we go all sentimental?" You teased, making him let out a 'pfft' as he tilted his head. "The sappy part, right." He acts as if he dreads the idea of it as you chuckle, rolling closer as you bump your seat on the side of his. "Well.. since you dread it so much.. I'll shower you with my sincerity and verbal affection."