Night Creatures

"Hey!", Euronymous starts talking to me. "We're ready to go." I nod and get up from my seat. Necrobutcher and Hellhammer also stand up, but Dead stays in his seated position. "Dead." I say and he looks up, after eyeing me for a few seconds, he finally raises his body. "Come on, let's go", Euronymous pats him on his back and smiles.

After leaving the restaurant we went to his four seater Audi, which turned out to be a bit too small, Euronymous and Hellhammer taking the two front seats and the other three of us in the back, me on the far right, Pelle in the middle and Necrobutcher on the left . It was unavoidable that our bodies touched and my heart started racing again. With the slight scent of earth and rotten in the car, I look out the window, passing us the outlines of all the buildings of norway. We stop at a red traffic light and I turn my head straight, looking at the seat in front of me, I immerse myself in its lifelessness. It seems as if I could see every single particle, fiber of material with the naked eye and everything around me disappears again into a foggy veil. My eyes begin to sway, twist and lose their grip on a fixed point. Top left, bottom right, top left bottom right, my head starts to tilt from the effort and then falls down. "Are you okay? just looked like you had an lousy overdose," Hellhammer asks while looking in the rear mirror, which I can see out of the corner of my eyes. "Mmh", I lift my head again and stare into the mirror, Pelle's focus seems to be somewhere on his legs, his head is bowed and his dirty blond hair is hiding his face. He seems to be sitting there almost peacefully, looking at him makes me daydream. I want to hear his voice, I want him to say my name as I feel his breath on me, the smell of him laying over me as he looks down on me. Admittedly, Dead seems to be the tallest of the group, which was quite attractive. I'm snapped out of my fantasies as Euronymous pulls up and gets out, followed by Hellhammer and Necrobutcher, last of all Dead and I, I watch as his torso pushes through and rises. I study his back, and the hair that shifts in a different direction with every movement, I watch as he takes two steps and then turns around. He looks down at me, I don't know if he felt the stare on him. I move further to my left and firm my feet on the gravel, with a laborious movement I get out of the car and close the door.

Arrived inside, the house consists of a lot of wood, which is common for Norwegian houses. "You can look around. It's not really neat and kinda dirty, but you have to put up with that", says Euronymous. With the last words he may have indicated that I could apparently come over more often? I find it exciting to explore new houses, to see how other people live and to conclude from their belongings what they're are like, to study them.

I go through a narrow door, to my left a staircase that leads upstairs. It is completely made out of wood, as well as the wooden facade on the side. I'm tempted to go up, hoping to find Dead's room, maybe I can find out more about him, what kind of bands he likes and if we have anything in common. I want to know more, about his dark side but also himself as a person. I walk up the stairs and open the door right in front of me. A musty, medium-sized room appears. I look for a light switch and the room lights up yellowish. The smell of decomposition rises in my nose, fuck where did he store this shit. I look around and see the moon shining bright. Next to the window stands a small wooden table on which paper, pencils, sketches and other things are scattered. I look at one of the sketches and recognize the Bran Castle, other drawings show several skeletons and skulls. They somewhat remind me of my own. Whilst slowly getting used to the smell, I approach the mattress at the end of the room. I sit down and stretch, to my right I study the countless band posters hanging on the wall Black Sabbath, Kiss, Iron Maiden, AC/DC, Motörhead, Venom, Mercyful Fate, Metallica, Slayer, Possessed, Merciless and Sodom! Ha, he has a great taste in music. Abruptly I hear footsteps slurping up the stairs, crap. The door slowly opens and Dead stands in the frame. "What the hell are you doing in my room.", he asks, judging by the tone of his voice, he doesn't seem very enthusiastic. "Oh, nothing, I was just looking around.", I explain myself. "Sorry about the stench. It's not usual for people to come up here", hands in pockets, he takes a step forward and enters, his eyes darting around the room as if he's here for the first time. "Oh, I don't really mind it. I was just wondering where the smell came from", he looks at me, reading from his facial expression he doesn't seem to have expected this answer. He grabs an object that is a little out of the way and comes towards me. The closer he gets, the stronger that macabre smell becomes. I unexpectedly reach for the box and hold it under my nose. Ever since I was a child, I have thought about hunting animals and memorizing the smell of their decomposed body. The thought that I could smell like that as well, the desire for it increased day by day, I wanted it so badly. I smile at him and hand him the package, he looks at me in astonishment. "What animal is it?", I ask, not only to continue the conversation, but also out of interest. "A raven. I caught it myself in the woods."

With every word he says, my fascination with him increases.