✓ 12

Temi was stuffing her face with ice cream when her phone rang.

Surely,it was one of her friends

But,no it wasn't..

It was her mom.

She picked up the call and pressed the phone to her ear.

"Hey mommy" she said as she ate more and more ice cream

"Temi,when last did you call me?"

Temi quirked a brow and chuckled.
"I'm sorry,ma. I've been busy"

"With your online store?" Her mom asked.

"That and school too" Temi replied

There was silence until her mom spoke again.
"Do you wanna come over? I'll make some special pounded yam for you" her mom suggested.

"I'm actually having ice cream now," Temi paused to lick her lips. "I'm not sure that would be a good combo"

Her mom chuckled before sighing.
"Then,come over for dinner"

"Fine. I will"

"Thank you," her mom exhaled and hung up.

Temi couldn't suppress the grin that spread across her face

She knew she hadn't been spending so much time with her mom,but she had no choice.

She was busy as hell.

Her phone rang again,and this time,it was an unknown number.

The person wanted to order some clothes.

"When do you want it delivered,ma?"

"Ughh,is it possible for it to be delivered today? I'm kinda traveling in a few hours,and I just stumbled on your link and turns out you have what I've been looking for"

Temi bit her lip as she contemplated.

This woman sounded like she needed it.

She imagined herself in this situation.

"Hello? Are you there?" The woman questioned.

"I'm there ma'am. Send a screenshot of the things you want,I'll see if we have them. Along with your address"

"Thank you so much. I'll do just that!" The woman said in excitement and hung up.

Temi groaned as she rounded up with her ice cream.

Ughhh,

All she wanted to do was have a lot ice cream,binge watch Friends and fall asleep.

But at least, she's gonna get paid for the job she's about to do.

*** ***
"Why is there so much traffic?!" Temi groaned in frustration.

"It's a Friday, ma'am. There are so many concerts going on and so many vigils" The driver said

Oh right..

The food her mom is gonna make will surely get cold.

Thank God she delivered the clothes already,now she wasn't delaying anyone's flight.

Her mom called her several times,but all she could say was that she was stuck in traffic.

Two hours later,she finally arrived at the shop.

She walked to her mom's office where her mom was seated.

"Hey...mom" she said as she walked in.

"It's past ten pm, Temi" her mom said.

"I was stuck in traffic. I had an order"

"You know, there's no one around me anymore. Even my only child doesn't want to spend any time with me anymore" her mom said and Temi sighed.

"Don't go all dramatic,mom. You didn't expect me to come down from the car and start walking. It's not my fault,I had an order. The lady needed it. Plus,you called me and I picked up. I kept updating you!"

"Temi,your father is telling you bad things about me right?" Her mom inquired with her palms on her face

"No, what do you mean?"

"I mean.. you're acting distant. You're acting as if you heard something about me. If there's anything,you know you can always talk to me about it, right?"

"I'm not acting distant. I've been busy" Temi stated as she sat down across her mom.

"Busy with?"

"School! It's like I have very little time for myself these days,mom. The least you could do is be proud of me!"

"I am,honey. You know I am"

"You're not acting like you are. You're acting as if I'm doing a bad thing by being devoted"

Her mom just sighed.

Temi also stayed silent.

She suddenly lost her appetite.

"You know I'm doing all this for you, right?" Temi asked.

Her mom nodded.

"Aren't you going to eat?" Her mom asked.

"I'm not hungry anymore"

"Temi-"

"I'm not hungry,mom"

Her mom sighed.
"Why are you getting mad at me now?"

"I'm not mad at anyone,mom," Temi replied. "I know you've made a lot of money from selling food,but when you settle all the debts you owe, you'll have very little for yourself. When you pay all the bills, you'll have just peanuts left. I'm trying to save money for you,mom. I don't want you to be stranded at any point in time,mom. If dad isn't going to treat you like his wife,then let me treat you like my mom. After all,you always taught me to hustle" she said and shrugged.

"Temi, don't worry about me. I'll be fine" her mom smiled.

"With the humongous amount you pay for rent? With the maintenance of this huge place? With the salary you pay every worker?"

Her mom sighed.

"I have to get home,mom. It's getting late" Temi said as she dialed the driver's number

"Tems,I'm happy that you're helping out,but don't you also need the money you get?"

"I do,but you're way more important. My college expenses can wait,mom"

*** ****

Immediately she got in her room,she took a shower and laid on the bed while listening to SOUR by Olivia Rodrigo

Temi opened her messages and saw a lot of texts from her friends' group chat.

It included Favour,Kudi,she and Jamal.

WEIRDOS🌚❤️

KUDI: Yo,why isn't Tems online?

FAVOUR: Jamal also isn't online.

KUDI: What happened between those two?

TEMI: Nothing,now stop thinking rubbish. I've just been busy, that's why

FAVOUR: Okay o

JAMAL: Is there any room for objections

TEMI: Objections? What for?

JAMAL: The name of this group 🤦

FAVOUR: We're not changing it o

Thanks for reading guyssss. Hope y'all loved it❤️❤️

Melanin3000✨