✓17

"I'm not buying that gown" Temi said with a scowl as she walked through racks of clothes.

Favour held her hand
"Why?"

"It's too....long" Temi lamented

Favour rolled her eyes and continued walking.

She saw a very cute beige gown and she gasped.

"Do you think I should try this on?" Favour asked Temi.

"Suit yourself" Temi replied as they both walked to the changing room.

A few minutes later,Favour came out of the changing room with the gown on.

It looked very good on her.

It nearly swept the floor,but damn.. she looked pretty.

"I'm definitely buying this for parties" Favour said and Temi smiled.

Favour went back in there to change her clothes.

They continued to shop,and Temi had quite a handful of t-shirts and joggers.

"What do you think about Jamal's brother?" Favour asked as she picked almost everything her hand came in contact with.

"I don't know," Temi shrugged and then chuckled. "I barely know him"

"But I don't like him. He's so different from Jamal"

Temi just chuckled as they paid for their clothes and went into the shoe store.

"And he looks like a rebel" Favour said as her hands already grabbed a pair of expensive and shiny heels.

"He sounds like one"

Temi got a pair of Nike sneakers too and a pair of slides.

She got more shoes.

They paid for the shoes and went to eat at the Mall's restaurant.

"These prawns are so good" Favour said with her eyes closed as she chewed some prawns.

Temi chuckled as she scrolled through Instagram whilst eating.

"Nifemi has a lot of followers" Temi said staring at her phone

"Yup" Favour said stuffing her mouth.

Temi and Favour got some more jewelry, underwear and socks before they left the store.

Temi's driver picked them up and when they got to Favour's house,they dropped Favour off.

"I'll see you soon,Temi" Favour said as she got down.

"Bye" Temi grinned waving

*** *** **
"Mom?" Was the first thing that slipped out of Temi's mouth as she walked in.

"Temi" her mom said as she saw her.

Temi walked further into the living room and saw her dad sitting on the couch.

"Good evening sir" she said

Her dad nodded.
"Your mom and I are talking," her dad sighed. "You can come down later"

Temi got to her room and sorted out the clothes she just purchased.

** ** **
At school,she had been avoiding Neville but he just kept staring at her.

"You want me to report him?" Jamal asked Temi.

Temi chuckled.
"Not yet"

"Mariam asked of you" Jamal said as they walked towards the school gate.

"Really?," Temi said. "My regards to her," she said. "Wait. You went there without me?"

Jamal chuckled.
"No. I saw her at a party"

"Oh, alright"

*** *** ***
(Jamal's mom was mentioned in chapter 11)

"I miss her,Temi" Jamal said with a very shaky voice.

Temi only stared at him, because it was very rare for Jamal to be in a state such as this.

"She misses you too" Temi said as Jamal placed a flower on her grave.

He did so and sat on the floor,just staring at the floor.

"You still haven't eaten,Jamal" Temi said but Jamal didn't reply.

"I'm sorry you have to see this" he said and ran his hands through his hair.

"It's normal to feel sad sometimes,Jamal," she placed a hand on his shoulder. "It's normal to be broken, it's normal to...miss your loved one"

"It's ten years today" he said quietly and ran his long fingers across her grave.

"I'm so so sorry,Jamal" Temi said as she felt tears surrounding her eyes.

"I wish I could hug her one last time. I miss her smile" he said quietly.

Temi stayed quiet as she watched Jamal in a very vulnerable state.

"Can I..Can I give you a hug?" Temi asked in a whisper.

Jamal slowly nodded and Temi wrapped her arms around him.

He did the same and rested his head on her shoulder.

"I don't wanna do anything tomorrow," he said. "I wanna honour her as I turn seventeen"

Temi nodded and Jamal stayed quiet.

"You can come over to my house," Jamal said. "We'll watch some movies and have some ice cream"

"Alright, birthday boy" she said as they pulled away.

"My birthday never feels like it without her," he said. "Most of the time,I'm either playing on the play station or studying. My dad tries to throw something big for me,but I never want it"

Temi nodded as she listened to him.
"It's funny how it's exactly ten days between us" she said.

Jamal chuckled.
"I know right"

He got up and so did she.

"The first day in December,an angel on earth died" Jamal said as they walked.

"The second day in December,the son of the angel on earth was born" Temi said and Jamal chuckled.

Melanin3000✨