Chapter 1 🥀 (M)

Sorry it's mature in the first chapter hehe

Mark's POV

Coffee.

He always wants his fucking coffee in the morning.

He'd send me back if it was too milky, too strong, too cold which was why I was watching the usual cafe worker like a hawk. I had too much work to do today to be fetching a new coffee this early.

A waste of my time if you ask me.

I'm a secretary, I gotta get shit right especially for this guy...very influential. He could end my career with a click of his fingers so I work my ass off.

"Here's his coffee Mark, don't let him overwork you today." Abigail spoke, she knew who I was since I came here almost every day of the week. I gave her a tight lipped smile, mind your fucking business Abigail.

And yet, I gave her a friendly nod and thanked her for the stupid coffee.

I huffed as I quickly walked across the street to the tall building I put my blood, sweat and tears into every fucking day. I entered, sending Karen at the reception desk my usual glare and shuffled to the elevator.

I got to my floor in no time, passing more of the colleagues I hate.

"It's a nice change to see you in blue Mark." A high pitched voice said. I let out an audible sigh as I kept walking "who the fuck cares Margaret." I replied, completely leaving her view a moment later.

I tapped lightly on the familiar door with my knuckles, still clutching the coffee in my other hand.

"Come in." A deep voice replied before I pushed the door open.

"Your coffee sir." I spoke professionally to him and placed the coffee on his desk. He hummed, not having taken his eyes off the documents in his hand. His other hand rested on his chin and his eyebrows were furrowed meaning he was deep in thought about something.

I waited a moment before sauntering off to my own desk, rolling my eyes while my back was facing him. Just as I sat down, the phone began ringing, I bit my tongue to hide a whine.

I picked it up "Good morning, Mr Pattinson's office, Mark speaking." I said. "Hi Mark, it's Lucy."

Oh for fucks sake.

"Hi Mrs Pattinson, are you wanting to leave a message for your husband?" I asked, leaning back on my chair. I looked over to see him sipping on his coffee, fully focused on his work.

"I just wanted to check that he had his lunch with him." She replied, her voice sweet as ever. I cast my eyes to the office fridge we have "hold on, I will check." I said, placing the phone aside and standing from my desk. I opened it up, noticing the usual container of food that Mr Pattinson brings with him everyday.

By now he had noticed my movements, watching me move back to my desk and pick up the phone.

"Yes Mrs Pattinson, he has his lunch with him." I stated, glumly looking back at my boss. "Oh well, that's good then, please let him know I will be home late." She said making me roll my eyes.

"I will, anything else Mrs Pattinson?" I questioned, wanting so badly to hang up on her annoying ass. Why ring the office number? Just text your god damn husband—

"No that is all, thank you Mark." She replied.

"Great." I said and hung up.

"Your wife is going to be home late sir." I told him before I forget. He hummed in response, he looked a little tense, clearly this case was stressing him out. Was he losing his shit because of lack of evidence?