Chapter 2 🥀

Mark's POV

"Come on Mark, wake up."

"Fuck, you're scaring me. Wake the fuck up!"

"MARK!"

Okay i'm awake.

I opened my eyes and blinked a couple times, trying to adjust to the sudden light.

I finally cast my eyes to Tommy sat beside me on our bed, he looked concerned at least. That's new. "What happened?" He asked, eyeing my condition.

I scoffed "you tell me." I replied.

He rolled his eyes "I guess passing out on the bathroom floor doesn't fix your attitude." He stated, standing up from the bed and placing his hands on his hips.

"I guess all the lying you do doesn't fix your shitty personality Tommy." I fired back, attempting to sit up in bed.

"Can you not create an argument right now, you're hurt." Tommy said, sitting beside me again and helping me sit up. I nodded with a pained face, leaning against the pillow and letting out a loud sigh. "I need to be somewhere, will you be okay by yourself?" He questioned while fixing his tie.

I looked at the window and noticed it was night time, oh it's that time already?

"Yes Tommy I will be fine on my own, go." I said, trying not to put too much attitude in my voice. I was so bitter about this situation since it was toxic and disgusting but I didn't care at this point.

"Great." He mumbled and left our shared bedroom.

"Asshole." I said one I heard the door click shut, he probably heard it but learned to ignore my comments after so long. I heard his car pull away a few moments later and the silence of the house was so consuming, leaving me with my thoughts.

Mine and Tommy's relationship was complicated one, we began dating 4 years ago and quickly progressed with it. We finished our studies and got our first jobs, quickly purchasing a house together and forming a loving atmosphere.

Well...it was loving at first.

I got a job at his office a year ago, he was already a lawyer there with a high reputation which was up and coming in the industry. My first day was the first time he acted so cold...

What I didn't realise was that Tommy never revealed be was gay or at least bisexual, he was embarrassed.

He humiliated me in front his many coworkers and my new boss, I became the weirdo of the offices. Fair to say at that point, I was fucking pissed and confronted Tommy as soon as he came home. He acted so sweet and apologised knowing I would easily forgive him and sleep with him.

Then the next day at work, he was worse, making up things that were not true. And nobody believed me when I said he was my boyfriend, telling me to stop lusting over a straight man.

...

The front door to the house opened and I quickly wiped my tears, sniffling as footsteps neared the living room. Tommy entered with a smile on his face, placing his briefcase onto the coffee table "I have good news." He said, ignoring my puffy eyes.

"I've been given a high profile case, i'll get tonnes of money for this!" He said with a sparkle in his eyes.

I glared at his happy face, had my boyfriend always been this way?

"Aren't you happy?" He questioned innocently.

"Why the fuck would I be happy Tommy?" I questioned back harshly. His smile dropped to a displeased look, like I had just cursed out his mother.