Chapter 3

Chairman: Dear Director, due to your busy schedule, we have begun interviewing members of your staff. I'm certain you will let us know if this bothers you. However, our debriefings keep coming back to a single subject at Outpost 17-B. Can you explain to us what this Meta is, and what your plans are to deal with it?

A  Blue is jabbing Alex

Alex: Jab me one more time and I'll beat you to death with my rifle.

The blue backs away and Miller runs down a ramp to Washington and Alex

Miller: Oh no! Hell no! Excuse me, sir, but no goddamn way!

Washington: You must be Lieutenant Miller.

Miller: I got Reds comin' out of my ass here boss, and you wanna take away two of my men for a... what did you say this was for?

Alex: Honestly we think one guy you might want to lose.

Blue: Secret mission, sir.

Miller: Aw, you gotta be-a what!?

Wash: I think you have bigger issues than troop assignment, soldier. Like getting some of these vehicles back in working order. ''Wash indicates to the burning tank and wrecked jeep.''

Alex: And there are some dead blues 

Miller: What do you think I'm talkin' about? This is YOUR fault! You sent us one the new guys; he said he was good with vehicles. All he does is talk to 'em. Talk to 'em! And he's shot some of the outhers blues.  What the hell is that all about? And now look at the damn things!

Wash: I don't need to discuss your problems. I have orders, and those orders say I need Private Caboose and Privet William and I need him now. He has information that could be vital to this-

Miller: Wait a second, Caboose? You're taking Caboose? And I don't have to pay you or anything like that?

Alex: Umm yes.

Wash: Is that a problem?

Miller: A problem? Hehe, hell no! It must be Christmas morning n' no one told me. You stay right there, I'll get 'im for you. Private Jo-a-nes? Jo-a-nes? Jo-a-nes, where the hell are ya'!?

Jones: (sigh) Sir, for the millionth time, my name is pronounced 'Jones'. Jones.

Will: Shut up, Jo-a-nes!

Jones: Seriously, lots of people have the name, it's very common. How am I the first person you've met called Jones?

Will: Sorry Jo-a-ness.

Jones: I hate you Will

Miller: Jo-a-nes, I need ya and Gates to go down to the brig, untie Caboose and get him up here.

Jones: Me... with Will?

Miller: Double time, Jo-a-nes you to Gates.

Jones: Its pronounced... never mind, Christ.

Will: It was nice knowing you buddy.

Will follows Jones

Jones: Thanks I guess.

Washington: You keep him in the brig?

Miller: We keep him tied up in the brig. I'm not taking any more chances.

Gunshot, Jones cries out in pain, Caboose runs on

Will: Caboose why did you do that?

Caboose: Be careful.