Modern Au

Pepa Madrigal Pov

Today is the first day of Junior year. To put it short I'm extremely nervous. I know that I'll have Bruno and Julietta here the whole time but that's only if we have our classes together. Every year we normally do but who knows. We went to the office and got our schedules. "My first period is Math" I say looking up. "Mine is Science" Bruno says which makes me frown. "My first class is Cooking" Julietta said looking up. We all frown at each other. I grab their schedules and look at them. "We only have the same lunch" I say with a sigh. "Aw man I really didn't want to be without my hermanas" Bruno said sadly. "Don't be said about it Brunito we'll get through this year even if we don't have classes together, besides what the worse that could happen?" We all nodded to Julietta's words and the bell rang signaling that we had to get to our first class.

If only Juli knew how wrong she was...

My first class sucked. I had to sit next to this guy who just wouldn't shut up. Then when I turned to tell him to shut up I got in trouble for talking. Like seriously? The boy was talking so loud I was sure the other side of the school would have heard him. Okay I am being a bit overdramatic but still. After the teacher called me up and yelled at me about talking the class laughed. They laughed at the fact I got in trouble. Jeez this is embarrassing. When I took my seat again the kid started talking again. "Like I was saying before did you know that turtles breath through their butt? Oh yeah by the way my name is Manuel" The boy,Manuel, gives a smile. I roll my eyes. "I'm Pepa now please stop talking before you get me in even more trouble" I mutter resting my head in my hand. "Tsk it's rude to tell someone to stop talking when they are trying to share important information..I would've thought someone might've taught you better" Manuel said with an annoyed voice. "Personally I don't care about any information you think is important! Now excuse me I don't want to end up how you likely will" I whisper yell to him. "What's that supposed to mean hot-head?!" His face twisted in anger. "It means you'll most likely end up on the corner of the street begging people to give you money so you can go buy alcohol and cigarettes!" I say upset by the fact he keeps talking to me. "That's it!" He tackled me to the ground. He punched me in the face and I kicked him off of me then got on him and started punching him. Over and over again. Someone pulled me off of him and he stood up him nose bleeding. He was about to run towards me again but someone grabbed him from behind, stopping him from moving any further. "Fucking puta! Let me get her! She's disrespectful and needs to be taught a lesson!" He yelled angrily. "Mierda! I have no lessons I need to be taught! I especially don't need to learn a lesson from a idiot like you!" I shouted back at him. "Pepa Madrigal! Get out of my class! Go to the office!" The teacher, Mr Wilson, commanded me. The girl that was holding me back let me go and I huffed and walked out of the classroom. As I made my way I wiped the blood off my lip. "He's got a lot of nerve to hit me..he's lucky I didn't hurt him beyond repair" I mumble to myself. I enter the office and take a seat. About 30 minutes later Julietta and Bruno walk into the office and as they walk over to me I see mami walking into the school. "Pepa what happened? Well I heard that you got into a fight but why?" Bruno asked quietly. "I don't want to talk about it right now" I mumble and I sink into my chair more. "¡Dios mio! Your lip is swollen!" Julietta said taking my face into her hands and looking at the swollen area. "Heh you should see the other guy" I say with a smirk that ended up disappearing as soon as it came when I met my mothers eyes. "We'll talk about this when we get home for now I have to talk with the principal" She said with a stern face, looking around at us all. "O-okay mami" We reply and I sit up straight. 'Ooh Pepa you've done it now...your gonna die! Your mom will kill you' "Don't worry hermanita the worse that could happen is you getting grounded" Julietta spoke gently taking a seat beside me. Bruno sat on the other side of me. "So wanna tell us what happened now?" Bruno asked curiously. "It was some annoying boy. He wouldn't shut up he just kept talking about turtles and other stuff..I told him to shut up because I couldn't focus then I got in trouble for talking! The teacher literally called me up in front of the whole class and yelled at me. When I went to go sit back down people started laughing at me and then soon after words got exchanged and then we fought then I came here...wait...why did you two have to come here?" I finish my story on a curious note. "My rat crawled out of my sleeve and knocked down some chemicals that were not supposed to mix together and um.." Bruno made a hand motion which told me something blew up. Julietta and I laugh. "What about you hermana?" The question made her wince. "I kinda knocked over some yeast and it fell right into the dough..and it just kept rising and rising..." She said and motioned to her clothes that were indeed covered in flour and dough. "Were all going to be kicked out at this rate and it's only the first day" I say laughing lightly.

About an hour later

We sat on the couch at home and mami sat across from us. "What were you thinking? Julietta you completely ruined the cooking classroom! Bruno you blew up half of the science class and brought a rat to school!" As mami called them out for these things they put their heads down in shame. "And Pepa...you got into a fight! And for what?! Just to put on a show?! There was no point!! So why did you start the fight in the first place?!" She yelled at me as if I was the problem and I wasn't. My fist clenched and I closed my eyes tight. "I didn't even start the fight.." I mutter under my breath. "What was that?" She questioned and I just stayed quiet. "Josefa Luisa Madrigal! What did you say!" She asked again. "I said that I didn't start the fight! He tacked me out of my seat because he didn't want to except the facts that I told him! Ooh that puta is lucky I didn't do more than a bloody nose and black eye!" I say seething with anger. "He said I needed to be taught a lesson! He said he'd be the one to teach it to me! Pfft yeah right today I'm the one that taught him a lesson! Don't mess with Pepa Madrigal!" I finish with a huff. Ok yes...I did get way to angry and I maybe let out all of my pent up anger but still it felt good to yell about something. Mami looks surprised. I'm not sure if it's because I yelled at her or because of what I said. I look down and start stroking my braid nervously. "S-sorry for yelling at you mami...I was just upset b-but not with you of course! I.." I was interrupted. "Don't apologize carina I'll be right back" And with that she walks out of the room. "What do you two think she's going to do?" I ask nervously. Bruno shrugged. "Maybe get the chancla" He said and my eyes widened. "N-Not for you but for the boy in your class.." I let out a breath of relief as that sentence left his lips. We heard a car start and leave. "...oh snap"

A/N
I made this chapter out of boredom😪 it doesn't even make sense and I found it very cringey but still I made it lmao and also Im getting back in the game of writing😌