Polar Skies

Rocket's POV

There we were, hero's when Gamora slapped that thing onto the stone. We did it, we killed Ronan. I thought that was it, but I was wrong, really really wrong. That stone still had some energy left and as I let go of Drax's hand, I felt this pain I'd never experienced, all I heard was cracking and horror filled me as I saw the unmistakable purple glow in these cracks in my arms. I was going to explode, one last scream and boom I'm dead, right? Wrong. I blacked out and woke up in a random alley. I decided to look around and almost immediately realized that I wasn't on Xandar anymore, no I was in Zootopia. I know, I was confused too. The people we're animals like me but, no scars or anything, just animals. I didn't have anything from the fight and all I had was my maroon jumpsuit, thank god. I didn't want to be naked around these people that's just odd. I found my passion for bounty hunting almost immediately again as in a few months I had my own house, my own gun (not as cool as Quaddy but still cool) and a healthy income. And that brings us to where I am now.

(Time skip to current day 5 months after Rocket first arrived) Now 3rd Person POV

*RIIIINNNNGGG*  

The annoying alarm clock kept ringing until pushed off the bedside table by the furry creature in the bed.

"Fuck, today's meeting day with the Big" Rocket got up and got some comfortable pants on as he was wearing boxers and a saggy t-shirt at that moment.

He opened the pantry door and pulled out some cereal, a thing he got from talking to Quill before he got transported here. Rocket then opened a cabinet where the bowls were kept and groaned to find there wasn't one. He wasn't into the dishes thing so he just hired someone to do it for him but they were sick and couldn't come in that week. Rocket surveyed the sink for a suitable container for his corn flakes, he didn't find one and glanced at the table which was surprisingly clean except for a bowl he used for chips the other day and just dumped the crumbs in the trash and filled the bowl with cereal.

"Turn on TV" Rocket commanded, he had an automated robotic system he called Lylla that was basically Earth's Alexa.

The TV turned on and Rocket oddly jogged to get the remote to change the channel from the channel that was currently on. He channel surfed for a while before landing on the show COPS. Grabbing his bowl, Rocket flopped on the couch.

"Shit" Rocket mumbled as he accidentally spilled some milk on himself, he lazily wiped it off and continued. 

(1 hour later) 

Rocket headed out the door to see his employer for most of his jobs, Mr. Big. He still chuckled at the irony of the tiny mouse's name. He lived in the rainforest district and it took him a while to get to the main city, which meant taking the subway. Rocket paid for his ticket and headed inside. Taking his seat he surveyed his surroundings but somehow missed the female raccoon sitting on the other side of the moving room, he immediately realized she was sizing him over, he got that a lot.

 "This isn't a magazine sweetheart," Rocket said cockily raising an eyebrow and the raccoon ceased her stares, but he felt bad so he got up and walked over to her. "Sorry, just a force of habit," He added. She shifted in her seat to let him sit down.

"I'm Rocket" he introduced himself, "and you are?"

"Janet" She replied.

Rocket couldn't help but notice she was blushing the entire time through her fur and Rocket decided to ask, "You ok?"

Janet stiffened and them smirked, "Yeah, sorry just don't see that many raccoons, especially none this handsome"

Rocket had been called many things but handsome was not one of them, just then the subway dinged indicating a stop, "Hey sorry but this is my stop." He stared at her, "damn" he thought, Rocket then said, "Hey, um Janet if you ever wanna get together I know a place and here" he wrote down his number on a napkin he found in his jeans pocket, he wasn't gonna lie to himself that she wasn't attractive.

She smiled and Rocket headed into the city alone. He headed down one street until he glanced at a bunny cop, "I thought they didn't have any here"

The bunny noticed immediately and got out of her cop car and asked, "Um, what do you want?"

Rocket couldn't answer and the bunny just got back in her car. Still confused, he continued on.

Before Rocket could even turn the block, a black sedan pulled up and two white polar bears opened the door.

"Hey Henry" Rocket flatly greeted one of the bears, the white creature didn't respond and Rocket hopped in the car. "So are we gonna go to Big's or wha-" Rocket's voice was cut off by a punch from Henry knocking him out instantly. 

(A/N All Chapters have a hint to a song I love, points to the ones that get these right)