Chapter 1, II

"Hey... can we ahm... talk after school?" Steve asked, his voice was silent, and he had a bit of worry written on his face. Eli couldn't help but feel excited. They had only been friends for one day and Steve already wanted to meet again.

"Oh-oh sure! Of course. Are you planning to eat with us then?" Eli grinned, gripping the straps of his backpack.
"What? - Oh no no no... I didn't mean at yours I thought more like ahm... after school... at the parking lot or something... when there are no people around..." Steve explained.

Eli shrunk a little into himself, he felt a bit disappointed but also worried. "Oh... ahm yes sure..." Eli said trying to make himself taller and more confident again although he felt like the opposite.

"Good, good..." Steve mumbled and looked at his hands.
The paper was still in them. The jock sighed and gave the paper to Eli again.
"You should-" *gives paper* (S)
"Oh yes-" *takes paper* (E)
*awkward silence*
"So we meet after school?" (E)
"Yes" (S)
"At the parking lot?" (E)
"Yeah" (S)
"Good then.... See you later...." (E)
"Mhm..." (S)
Steve sighed as he watched Eli walk away. He looked at his locker a moment after and shook his head.
Eli stared at the floor while his thought rushed in a slight panic. He felt confused and a little scared. When Steve spoke out at which place, he wanted to meet, Eli had gotten flashbacks from old times. But these old times weren't that long ago.

The parking lot was the classic place where people like him got beaten up- especially after school. A cold shiver ran down Eli's spine as he thought of another beat up. 'No! we're friends now! Steve wouldn't beat me up. Wh-wh-why should he do that...' Eli thought to himself as he gripped the straps firmer.

His heart raced a little... he hated this feeling... he didn't want to be afraid... not anymore.