Chapter 1, V

There was another awkward silence.
Steve tried to convince his brain that Eli won't tell anyone, he wouldn't lose his respect before him, he wouldn't laugh, he wouldn't take revenge, they're partners.

Eli still was filled with some unease. He was sure that Steve actually had wanted to beat him up. This meant that Steve wasn't going to drop his bully attire yet.

Although Eli's legs and brain screamed 'run as long as you've got the chance to!' Eli kept staying at his place. He clenched his hands into fists for a moment before he took a breath in. He looked at Steve who was still staring at him. Eli closed his eyes trying to relax.

"Actually I got something for you Steve!" Eli said suddenly with a bit too much enthusiasm. Steve startled and took a step back while Eli took off his backpack and rummaged in it once again.

'Please don't let it be something nerdy' Steve thought to himself and Eli stood up holding a few energy drinks and another small bottle. Steve raised his eyebrow confused. "Since you now know that creeperz are real, I suspected that you wouldn't have a sleepy night so I got you these." Eli said happy.

He had been storing containers of energy drinks at his home, properly hidden in his closet so his mother wouldn't find them. The nerd shoved the cans into Steve's arms. "And this-" Eli continued holding the bottle a bit higher "- are sedative drops."

"Pfff you wanna kill me?" Steve said joking trying to get a better hold on the tin cans. "Don't worry the ingredients are made on natural base. They won't kill you even if you take too much." Eli explained and Steve smiled shaking his head while he put down the tin cans to shove them into his backpack.

"Oh! But if you meant the energy drinks I wouldn't recommend drinking more than ten a day... it's hard to get sleep after that." Eli explained serious and Steve just stared at him. "That's where you get all your energy huh?" Steve gave him a cocky grin. Eli smiled and shrugged.

"But seriously- if you can't sleep take these *gives small bottle to Steve* or..." Eli trailed off when Steve shoved the bottle into his backpack as well.
"Or what?" Steve asked when Eli suddenly stopped.
"Huh? Oh I- I wanted to say that... *fidgets with fingers* you could call me, but I don't think you have my number..." Eli mumbled.

Steve stood up and looked down at the nerd. "Hmmm that's right... give me your phone" Steve said and reached out his hand. Eli stared at him for a moment surprised. He grabbed for his phone from his back pocket but then-

"No wait! I'll give you, my phone." Steve said quickly and got his phone. He didn't wanted Eli to call or text him all the time (yet) once he would have his number. Steve thought, he'd have more control over the situation like that.

"Oh sure!" Eli said with a grin. He had waited for so long to exchange numbers with someone. He quickly typed his number into his friend's phone but when he reached the last numbers, he got a bit slower.

Worry ran through his body once again. He was giving his bully his number... Eli shook his head slightly 'not bully, former bully, new friend' Eli told himself. 'He wouldn't use my number to cyberbully me... we're friends now'. "Here you go!" Eli said with a smile and gave Steve back his phone.

"Sweet..." Steve said smiling back and put the phone back in one of his pockets.
Before another awkward silence occurred, Steve got on his Vespa and let the engine roar. "Then see you tomorrow... ahm thanks for the energy drinks." Steve said.

"Hehe. No problem, see you tomorrow." Eli said goodbye. He watched Steve drive away. "Well, this wasn't awkward at all..." Eli sighed finally able to calm down.