Chapter 2, I

"Uh! This is so stupid... why are we here again..." Steve complained, rolling his eyes before he let his face fall against the grass. "I already told you three times..." Eli mumbled not losing his focus while he looked through his binoculars. Steve moaned annoyed and bored. "If I had wanted to fall asleep, I would have stayed at home in my cosy bed and not in someone's fore garden..." Steve brabbled into the ground.

Eli and Steve, but actually just Eli, had decided to figure out more about the creepers and what connection they had with Jim and his friends. But Steve didn't expected that 'figuring out' actually meant stalking his classmate from far distance with binoculars.

Eli sighed and looked down at Steve. "Do you wanna look through these?" Eli offered to entertain Steve a little.
"No, you're doing great... do you even need me for this?" Steve mumbled and rolled around so he laid on his back.

"Of course, I need you, Steve! You're the one taking the notes after all." Eli explained and gestured at the papers that laid beside Steve.
"Aha... So, I should have taken notes of what you mumbled?" Steve asked slightly confused and sat up facing Eli.

"Yeah, I thought you did that... I do the lip reading and you do the-" Eli mumbled confused raising an eyebrow. He stopped when he properly looked at Steve's notes.

"Steve... what is that?" Eli asked and pointed at the paper.
"Oh that's you" Steve grinned and held the picture up and pointed at a poorly drawn picture of Eli.

The nerd pressed his lips together, not sure if he should laugh or be frustrated. But he knew he better shouldn't judge Steve's art skills.

"Why am I holding a ball?" Eli asked confused pointing at the drawing. "What!? That's no ball! It's a Pizza!" Steve said flabbergasted, holding the picture away from Eli like he wanted to protect it from Eli's offence.

Eli raised his eyebrow. "I got hungry..." Steve defended himself with a shrug.

"And I guess that's..." Eli grinned and pointed at a poorly drawn self-portrait. "HA! You recognise it! Pretty hot, am I right?" Steve said holding the picture of himself beside his head while he made a cheeky grin.

Steve blew a raspberry when Eli stopped paying attention to him.
Elichuckled amused. "Very" he said sarcastic and turned around to look through hisbinoculars again.

"No seriously... why are we doing this..." Steve mumbled and crouched closer to Eli.