XII.

The Athletics Illustrated team sat around a long oak conference table reviewing the placement of the articles, photos, and advertisements for the upcoming issue as they did every week. Sarada sat beside Mitsuki, giving him a friendly smile as Karin highlighted the success of his story from the week before.

After they were done with this meeting, Sarada had to review her article for the week again, since Suigetsu just sent her back his edits. She began writing a checklist of things to do in her notebook, only feeling mildly guilty for not giving her full attention to the layout discussion, as she took a swig of her mocha latte.

"Next we have a full-page ad from Kunai, followed by—" Karin cut herself when Sarada started violently choking on her coffee. "...Are you okay?"

Mitsuki handed her a tissue as she struggled to get herself together. Her dark eyes fixed on the screen showing not just some little square, but a full-fucking-page ad with her legs wrapped around Boruto Uzumaki's waist. Her fingers tangled in his blonde hair as he glanced over his shoulder at the camera with a rather seductive look in his blue eyes. The caption read "New Air Bounce Sneakers, great for all kinds of physical activity."

Thank god her face wasn't showing, but still!

"Wait, we're really putting that ad in the magazine?!" Sarada heard herself saying. She had been so sure Boruto was messing with her when he told her he thought that pose would be the one.

"Yes, why?" Karin blinked at her, confused by the outburst. It was rare for people to comment about the content of the ads, knowing the magazine had little to no control. "This is what the advertisers sent us."

'Yes, Sarada, why?! Why would you have a problem with this picture?' she screamed inside her mind as she racked her brain for a reasonable complaint that didn't have anything to do with her personal discomfort.

"Isn't it a little... risqué?"

"I think it's cheeky," Mitsuki interjected with a smile.

"Sex sells, Sarada, just because we're in sports doesn't mean that doesn't apply to us," Suigetsu added with a chuckle.

"Right, right, okay, sorry for the interruption," she mumbled and put her head down. She just hoped no one would be able to recognize those were her legs wrapped around Boruto.

Sarada bit her tongue the rest of the layout discussion, too embarrassed to speak after her outburst. Then Karin concluded the meeting by discussing everyone's upcoming assignments.

It was no surprise that Sarada was assigned to cover the track and field tournament in Kirigakure, many athletes used the event to qualify for the Kumogakure Invitational. She would be on double duty covering the tournament as well as collecting details for her cover story about Boruto and his preparation for a big meet.

Her assignment after that would be covering a golf tournament in Sunagakure where celebrities would be playing for charity. Sarada was excited to be traveling so much, it had been a while since she'd been to either city. The meeting was adjourned shortly after assignments were read. Sarada tucked her pen into her notebook as she stood up, wondering if she might have some time to explore the cities she was visiting.

But before she could leave, she was blocked by Suigetsu, leaning against the door frame of the conference room and giving her a knowing look.

"What?" Sarada asked with a furrow in her brow.

"I think I know why you were so bothered by that Kunai Sportswear ad with Bolt Uzumaki," he said, a teasing light laced in his tone.

Dark eyes widened, worried she got caught posing inappropriately with the subject of her article but also concerned/disturbed that Suigetsu was able to identify her by just her legs.