The single dad

HEY GAYS, welcome to my first Genshin fanfic. Be gay,do crimes. Enjoy💕
(This is a modern au btw, idk how the fuck wansheng funeral parlor work even tho They mentioned it alot so i change it to "Wansheng Cafe". My creativity😮‍💨)

It's been 2 years since Guizhong passed away,leaving me and xiao my son who is now 17 years old. My name is Zhongli.

We moved to a city by the sea called Liyue Harbor and started our new life together. I work at Wansheng Cafe with my new friend,Hu Tao. She's 10 years younger than me. Even tho our age gap is quite big. She still treats me like we're on the same age. She also always calls me "bestie",I guess that's how young people call their bestfriend now.

Xiao is a high school student at Rex High . The school is not to far yet not to close from our house. Most of the students there come from Mondstadt City and Liyue Harbor.

Xiao reputation in school is...well. He's not good in any subject accept for P.E , even his exam results is bad. He always so gloomy and scary, well that's what most teacher says about him.

Surprisingly even with that kind of attitude, he makes quite a lot of friends.If it's not because of the boy with a flying pet he always talks about.

If im not mistaken, he's name is Aether. He have many friends,but all he talk about is "Aether this.." "Aether that.." sometimes his face turn red while talk about him.

Well it's good to see him having someone beside him than just me. I hope Aether can also help him improve his education, since i cant afford a tuition for Xiao.

——————
It's 4 pm already . Me and Xiao are going to get groceries at the supermarket. I bought tofu and almond so i can make Xiao favourite dish, almond tofu. After we get everything we need, it's time to pay.

"Is this all?". "Yes" I said. "Oh i need to get one thing real quick, Xiao wait here". "Wait Dad i dont have any money!!". The cashier is scanning all the items while Xiao being panic inside because his dad hasn't comeback and the cashier almost finish scanning all the items.

"What's your name buddy?" The cashier ask to keep Xiao calm. "Xiao..". "Cool name, Im Tartaglia! You can call me Ajax or Childe."
"Child..?". "Mhm Child with an "e"".

"So do you live nearby?"

"Yeah..with my dad.."

"Is that so? Where's your mother?"

"She's dead."

"I-"

"Hey! What are you doing to my Xiao?!" I rush to the counter with a bag of tissue paper. "Calm down, sir. Im not a bad guy~" the ginger said. "Tsk." I don't know how to explain but i don't trust him. The way he smile and talk are just..weird.

"Anyway,it will be 1500 mora." The ginger said. I open my wallet only to find out that i only have 1000 mora.

"Is everything alright sir?". "U-uh nothing. I need to return some of the items back. Wait here." I said. "Ah it's okay,sir. I can pay it for you" the ginger said cheerfully.

I know i said i don't trust him but in this situation... . "If it's okay for you then..".
"It's fine sir.". The cashier payed for us and pack our items into the bag.

"Here! Please come again!" He waved. Me and Xiao walk out the supermarket and return to home.

~~~~~~~~~~~

This is my first time making a genshin fanfic and im sorry for any typo and mistakes.

Wait for ch2💕