year 8 english 2022

1. what does the healing foundation do?

the healing foundation is a platform that allows aboriginal and torres strait islander people to have their voices heard as they are the stolen generation. with this many people say sorry to them even if it cant take back what happened in the past and the trauma they are left with.

2. what is 'colonisation' and 'dispossession'?

colonisation is like when the aboriginal peoples land had been taken over and stolen from them. when this happened it severely caused a lot of impact and trauma onto the young aboriginal and torres strait islander children.

dispossession is the action of when someone or a group of people come and just take over someones possession, land and/or property. for the indigenous australians who were first on the land before anyone they sadly had to go through this.

3. why is it important for people to share their stories of hardship with each other?

people now are forgetting what the stories are, not knowing about it and if we can get enough voices heard this can hopefully stop forever as it most likely is still going on in some places.

4. define 'sardonic'.

5. what is the effect of the stolen generations and colonisation on aboriginal australians?

due to all the harsh things that happened to these young kids and family at such a young age this has scared many families still to this day no matter what their age is. its sad because some people have to live knowing they will never see their family ever again and for a lot of them this happened and still to this day don't know who their parents/siblings are. 

6. what does poetry allow aboriginal australians to do?

poetry allows the aboriginal australians to get their voices heard if they havent already been heard and/or cannot ever be heard. 

7. why is it important for aboriginal australians to heal? 

the past trauma that happened to aboriginal australians may never heal fully as its a difficult thing to overcome but hopefully being able to slightly recover would mean thr world to them as what happened to them, didnt deserve to happen. they did nothing nor did any of them deserve to go through any of that.