.8

Winnie's POV

"When do you sleep?" I ask Embry before getting out of his van.

As the end of the week nears, Embry stays for breakfast at the Lodge after dropping me off most mornings. It seems to be our new routine. No more once a week Sunday mornings where we ignore each other. Instead I see him more than anyone else. Embry is the first person I see every morning, then the last at the end of my day. He somehow manages to spend time with me at work, even with the counter, kitchen and all my customers between us.

"I dunno," He yawns, "I sleep most nights."

"Most nights? Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I'm pretty sure you're suppose to sleep every night, Embry."

"I nap," he waves off. "Do I look tired?" He asks, slumping against the window. Most of the time when I see him, Embry looks half asleep more times than he looks awake. Today, he looks practically exhausted. Dark purple bags puff up around his eyes. He has stubble around his chin, the beginning of a five o'clock shadow that I know will be full tomorrow. His hair is longer, shaggy on the sides as if he doesn't have time to trim it. I also didn't tell him how his shirt is inside out today.

"Want to come in for some coffee?" I offer instead of answering, not trying to be rude.

"Don't have to tell me twice." Embry turns off the engine of his van, following me up through the light rain to my little cabin.

It's fun to watch him fold into my home. He's so tall and massive. He takes up so much space. He has to lower at the knees and watch his head to come through the front door. He makes my furniture look small, like they're toys when he's around, taking up two seats instead of one.

I grin to myself as I make his cup. He's so big I can feel his presence from across the little cabin, as if he's right behind me. It makes the little cabin feel cozier, rather than smaller.

"Okay, four sugars just how you—" When I turn around he's fast asleep on my couch. He just sat down a few moments ago. He's up right, wall against his back, and his head all the way back. Eyes shut, chest rising up then down, and completely asleep.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Embry's POV

I'm disappointed as I wake up, because I haven't slept this good in years since before I changed. Instead of blinking the sleep out of my eyes, I let myself fall back asleep, getting comfier. I bury my head into something soft, rolling onto my side and looping my arm up and around a pillow tightly.

I feel the heat of the sun against my cheek, and debate whether to check if I fell asleep outside again. There's been a few times Sam or Emily have found me in their garden. Groaning, I brave a quick glance, blinking my eyes open to see for myself that I'm not lying in grass. I'm cramped. A tight fit on a small sofa with my head bent to fit on one side, while my feet dangle over the other end. A knit blanket is thrown over me, but isn't long enough to cover most of me.

For a spilt moment I'm proud I somehow made it inside instead of sleeping on the lawn. Looking around, I slowly make out how I'm not at my house, or Sam's, or Jacob's, or Quil's. Stretching my neck, I glance around the little cabin, the realization of how I ended up in Winnie's cabin rising fast.