.24

Winnie's POV

"You're smiling." I sulk in the passenger seat, crossing my arms over my chest so I don't slap my own forehead.

"Me?" Embry asks innocently as he takes me home. Then he starts whistling the jolliest tone as he makes a turn. Glancing at the side mirror, I check to see if I'm still red in the face. Since I woke up on top of Embry, I've been blushing like mad. Splashing cold water didn't help, neither did drinking any, but I suspect curling into a ball and praying to stop existing might.

I hadn't just spent the night at Embry's, I spent the night on top of him. I snored, rolled, drooled, and twitched all over him for the whole night. Then he woke up to me, when I look my worst with bed head, morning breath, puffy eyes and all. No better than a bear right out of hibernation. Even worse, his mother saw me. I haven't even introduce myself to the woman and I crashed at her house. It was so mortifying, Embry offered to take me home as soon as he stopped laughing at how red I got. We're both still in our pajamas.

"You know, I might count this as our second date." Embry decides, reaching over to intertwine our fingers together. Even with how shy I've been feeling all morning, I give his hand a squeeze back.

"We were asleep for most of our date then." I mumble, still not able to look him in eye yet. I know he doesn't fully mean that, because he keeps insisting on a proper take me out date, and won't consider all of the times of us spending time together as official dates.

"Hmm, good point." Embry's eyes narrow in thought, his head nodding along to whatever he's thinking over. "Still the best morning I've ever had." Though I don't tell him it was one of my best morning too, I silently hope he hears it when I squeeze his hand again.

"I wish you have let me make you breakfast," Embry says the hundredth time since we first got up.

"I already imposed too much. You made me dinner, I used your shower, then spent the night. I couldn't let you wait on me anymore." I finally turn to look him in the eye, since the blush isn't subsiding anyway with avoiding eye contact. When his dark eyes land on my face, a smug grin lights up his face and I turn back to the window so fast it's a surprise I didn't break my neck.

"You're adorable." He lets out a laugh, the warm sound making me grin myself.  When the van comes to a stop, he walks me to my door. Whistling smugly to himself and swinging our hands the whole walk up.

I turn redder, hoping Enola isn't watching us from a window. Hopefully she went to bed early and didn't notice I hadn't come home. Though she wakes up early and is sharp as a hawk before 8am.

"I hope you know you're welcome to stay over whenever." Stopping outside my front door, Embry gives me a sincere look, soft around the eyes as he says it. "Always," He adds, and with the way he tenderly pecks the back of my hand, I know he means it.

"This was the first time I've ever spent the night with a guy." I admit, knowing my blush is doubling. My body goes hot with the admission, and I feel like that loser girl from high school all over again.

"This was my first time spending the night with a girl." Embry confesses with a coy, crocked grin at his feet before beaming back up at me. The blush instantly fades away at the revitalization, my face surely going white from shock.

"Really?" It's hard to believe. Embry was one of the most asked out guys in our school. He had lines and lines of girls from just being his charming self, he didn't even need to try. I would know, I was one of the many. Embry had a date at every school dance, or had a girl asking him out every weekend. He certainly had a lot options and opportunities to spend the night with a girl long before last night.