ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ

******************************

-Recap-

"Does that sound nice, Y/n-chan?" Questioned Muzan gentlly as he picked up the girl.

"I guess... sure." Muttered Y/n as she felt herself feel sleepy. She couldn't take it any longer. Even though Y/n was a demon, she was too emotionally stressed right now. Kyojuro had just told her he never wants to see her again, and the fact that she felt her heart break into pieces at his harsh words. Drifting to sleep, she allowed herself to fall unconscious in the world's most dangerous beings' arms.

"Sleep well Y/n."

*******************************

ɪɴꜰɪɴɪᴛʏ ꜰᴏʀᴛʀᴇꜱꜱ

Stirring awake, Y/n opened her sleepy eyes to see an unfamiliar room. Glancing around, she realised that she was alone. Looking at a mirror in the corner of the room, Y/n let out a sigh of relief. Changing her eyes back to her normal red coloured ones, she checked that her kunais were still inside their allocated compartments.

'What happened last night?" She thought as she stared at her hands. "Why do I feel as if I am forgetting something rather important." She asked herself as she felt tears roll down her face. 'Huh?' Thought Y/n as she started to feel tears running down her face. All the things that happened the previous night suddenly came crashing back. 'Oh right... Kyojuro left me.' She remembered. Looking at the ceiling, Y/n soon realised that she was probably inside the infinity fortress. 'Today's going to be a wild day." She thought unenthusiastically.

"I see you are awake." Greeted a familiar voice. Swiftly turning around, Y/n made sure to switch her eyes back to normal. "Yeah." Replied Y/n as she wiped her teary face. "You must be hungry, what would you like to eat?" Asked the demon as he bobbed to the same height as Y/n who was still in her futon.

"Um... Miso soup and a few side dishes should be fine. Thank you." Muttered Y/n still sleepily as she smiled at Muzan. A few seconds later she heard the sound of the biwa being played, and her food was now in front of her. Picking up the chopstick, Y/n stuffed her left cheeks with one of the Tokoyaki placed on the side next to the miso soup. Humming in satisfaction, she continued to stuff another delicious takoyaki into her mouth.

"Does it taste nice?" Asked Muzan as he sat onto the futon next to Y/n. "Yup. It is very well cooked." Complimented Y/n in delight as she continued to eat. "Y/n.." Muttered Muzan as he seemed hesitant to speak. "Yeah?" Replied Y/n casually as she arched her eyebrow in question.

"This might be hard to process, but Y/n...You've been asleep for almost three year you know. You worried me." Answered Muzan as he looked into Y/n's eyes showing how serious he was.

That was all it took for Y/n to start choking on her miso soup. "Cough!! Coughh!! What?!" Screamed the girl in utter confusion. 'Three fucking year?!!! I've been asleep for that long?!! I thought it had been a day?' She thought as she stared bewildered at the new information. 'So that means... Demon Slayer Officially started three years ago. Tanjiro should be about to fight Rui, if I'm not wrong.'

"Sorry." Muttered Muzan as he patted the choking girl's back. 'Did he just say sorry?!' Y/n thought as she choked harder.

"A-am I still dreaming? Did the Muzan-kun just apologise?" Teased Y/n as she smirked at the male. Turning his head around, Muzan looked in another direction. "Tch, be grateful!"

"Humph." Pouted Y/n as she did not get the reaction she wanted.

"Anyways, since you missed meeting my comrades. I thought maybe I should summon them today to meet you in a while after you change." Explained Muzan. "Wait really?" Questioned Y/n out of happiness as she leaped to hug the demon king. "Yes, now get dressed." Said Muzan as he stood up and dodged Y/n leaping figure. "Soo mean." Muttered the girl as she landed face first onto the floor.